ORU completes the sweep.

tmh8286

ORU beats Penn State today, 4-2.  I wasn't at the game, so I can't provide details, but my son went and provided the score.

One complaint - beginning with games at the end of last season, the scoreboard is messed up.  It will display the proper score for a little while, then the numbers begin flashing, and after a while it looks like something out of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" going on in right field.  Yesterday they finally just turned it off. 

We've got this beautiful stadium, immaculately kept grounds - they have gotten one of those mowers that stripes the field this season, looks FIRST RATE - and then a scoreboard that looks rather drab and shopworn in the first place, but won't even keep score for the length of the game.  I feel it's a bad reflection on our program when you have big-time schools come in here and they see that. 

Hopefully they are working on this and will have it remedied soon.  I THINK I've heard that they are planning on replacing the scoreboard after the season, but I may be getting that confused with the renovations planned for Mabee Center.

I heard that the scoreboard wiring runs under the field so it is difficult to fix in mid season.  It seems that they could run some wire around the outside to fix it for now.  It annoyed me to no end the other day.  It kept having Es on the scoreboard.

At one point of Friday it looked like the bottom line said "coffeeeeee".  We thought they might be serving some up.

The thing is, MrsSmith, the scoreboard was doing that at the end of last season as well.  You would have thoght they would take care of it during the off season.