To cheer up from basketball, I'm going to watch baseball!

tmh8286

Good game today, for those that missed it.  ORU won, in one of the longest games I think I can remember attending, in extra innings.  Four hours and fifteen minutes into the game, in the bottom of the eleventh inning, ORU finally got the win off a three run homer by Jake Kahaulelio.  Actually, forgive me for not knowing this, but with the score tied at 8, do all three runs count, or just the go-ahead run?  That's something I've always wondered, but not been sure about.

Anyway, we outlasted the cool temps, the multitude of throws to first, and the obnoxious students behind us to see ORU win a great game with a great shot by Jake, his first of the season.  Hopefully, the first of many.

Actually, forgive me for not knowing this, but with the score tied at 8, do all three runs count, or just the go-ahead run?  That's something I've always wondered, but not been sure about.

TMH, that's also called a "walk-off home run" as it was the hit that allowed everyone to finally walk off the field (because the home team scored the winning run with the hit and the game stopped at that time).

TMH, that's also called a "walk-off home run" as it was the hit that allowed everyone to finally walk off the field (because the home team scored the winning run with the hit and the game stopped at that time).

The announcer said as much last night, calling it a "walk-off home run".  I'll give you a good laugh Bogus - I was completely confused about the meaning of that term.  I'm making myself vulnerable here, so don't give me too hard of a time - I thought a walk-off home run was like when Barry Bonds hammers one, stretches, yawns, cleans the dirt out from under his fingernails, then finally starts his slow trot around the bases.  In other words, when a batter makes such solid contact that there's no question that it's a homer.  THAT'S what I thought a walk-off home run was. 

I'm obviously a novice when it comes to baseball, but I still like it a lot!  And see, I learned two things from the game last night - how to score a multi-run homer in extra innings, and what a walk-off HR is.  You gotta love a game like that!