Good game...Solid effort

CougFan05

ORU came in very, very, very prepared.  They were working our double very well and shut down our offense as well.  Sutton had this team prepared to paly.  Was impressed with how well they worked the ball around the key and with Green's passing ability.  Tutt brought his game today.  Green, to be honest, matched up against the best defender that he's played against and struggled.  Robbie Cowgill had a great game today on the defensive end of the court.  I think that Tony's adjustments at halftime were very key.  We didn't double the post as fast, we let Green get isolated on Cowgill and then we brought the help late which caused problems for him. 

You guys got down by 12, but put one last run in ya and got it to 5, but just ran out of gas.  Started taking deep three's and just got out of your game towards the end of the game.  You played hard the whole way and should be proud of your players.  I said the first four minutes of the second half were key, if we don't come out and take control of this game, we were going to lose.  They did that, started the second half with a 16-2 run. 

The best of luck to your program, you should be proud of your guys.  They play with a lot of heart.  Sutton is a very, very solid coach, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree on this one.  Thanks for letting me in the past week and take care.

Hasta  :mrgreen:   

Thanks, CougFAn5, to you and all of the other Cougar fans that have taken time to come over and say kind things about our players and coaches.  you didn't have to do that, and I really appreciate the fact that you did.

I don't know if you saw the post-game interview, but Coach Sutton said that one of the difficulties we had in the game was that we just don't see the kind of size that you guys were able to put on the court.  We were just out-manned.

Congratulations to you guys.  I wish you the best of luck going forward into the tournament.  I'm counting on AT LEAST a Sweet Sixteen run by the Cougars!