Ugggghh

Dr. Cornelius

Did anybody catch the finish of the Duke vs. Va. Tech game? Mannnnn! Makes me feel sick to my stomach!

Hits to close to home for us eagle fans. Duke will lose 3 or 4 in the ACC this year, one of which will be from the Tar Heels ( i'm calling it now). People better watch out for those UNC boys. Roy took them into Rupp and came out with a 'W' this weekend over #10 UK. He could and should get coach of the year if they make it anywhere past the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney.

Just watched the Sports Blitz and they completely screwed up the ORU segment. Dean Blevins mentioned ORU's coach, "Sean" Sutton, caught him self and said "his brother.... pause...... Scott". Then when promoting the week ahead, the graphic and announcement by John Holcomb stated that our next game on Wednesday was against SE Missouri State. What dunderheads! If it is not about OU, they are completely lost.

Just watched the Sports Blitz and they completely screwed up the ORU segment. Dean Blevins mentioned ORU's coach, "Sean" Sutton, caught him self and said "his brother.... pause...... Scott". Then when promoting the week ahead, the graphic and announcement by John Holcomb stated that our next game on Wednesday was against SE Missouri State. What dunderheads! If it is not about OU, they are completely lost.

I saw that too. I just about called them on it, but my son said he would let Blevins know about it. Cris is good about handling that stuff. Just like the Tulsa World finally covering ORU basketball like it should.

I sent John Holcomb an email mentioning that Barry Hinson (you know ...former ORU and Tulsa High School Coach Barry Hinson... is bringing his Bears into town to attempt to avenge last year's bracket buster home-court defeat. Suggested it might deserve better than an on-the-air misstatement.

Media outlets beware - ORU fans are getting testy. We will no longer tolerate second class status for our basketball program. The Tulsa World now knows we care; next ones in the cross-hairs are the TV sportscasters that behave like there are only three D1 programs in the state.

I think that, in addition to letting them know about it when they muff it, we also need to give them props when they get it right. I plan to email the World this AM and thank them for the excellent coverage they gave to the Mayor's Cup game.

You want to get the newsies to pay attention? All we have to do is beat OU on their floor on the 29th. There are sports people down here that may not even know ORU is in Tulsa (or that Tulsa is in Oklahoma).