Missouri State gets some high rankings

DConnor

I noticed that Missouri State is ranked #9 by Sagarin (ORU = 108) and the Mid-Majority shows them with a #5 RPI (ORU = #206). I realize that this early in the season such rankings can be way off, and that this is a prime example of that. However, this does support the widely-held opinion that Wednesday night's game will be very difficult for ORU. WHEN we win, I hope we'll finally begin to get some respect from the folks that put out these rankings.

No respect for ORU will be gained. Mo State would just lose their high rankings. From what I hear they deserve every bit of their rankings though. They are very disciplined on offense and execute their sets well. We will have to have an all-around effort from everyone if we are going to win this game. I also think that the fans can really play a huge part in ORU's success, but I doubt that we will have a huge crowd because of Wednesday night church services. :(

Does anyone "in the know" have an idea why we scheduled this game on Wednesday night? I'm sure it's a matter of logistics but this will no doubt hurt our attendance. Not mine though.

Mike Carter is a Satanist? :lol:

Ok, sorry. Not funny at all. :roll:

Ask IsBig how he feels about it. As a pastor he's missed his fair share of games he would otherwise be screaming his head off at!

Guest Rob Marshall

It's the "return" game from last year's "Bracket Buster" match-up. ORU and MSU had to find a compatible open home date in December for this to work and I'm guessing this worked best for both schools given they had to find an open date that "fit" best with the other games already on the books for both schools.

MSU has several "open" Saturdays later in December but ORU already had games scheduled on the road around those dates; December 17th COULD have worked for both teams though. Both ORU and MSU played on Saturday night (MSU also played Friday) and then both play again this coming Saturday so Wednesday splits the difference for them both in terms of days to rest/prepare for and from other games.

Plus, it's a great night for a special discounted church group night at the Mabee Center.

Actually Nick Garner (marketing department) has promoted this game as Church/Youth Group night. You can give him a call at 495-7213 for some information on the benefits of bringing your youth group or church that night.

Ask IsBig how he feels about it. As a pastor he's missed his fair share of games he would otherwise be screaming his head off at!

Tell IsBig to have church at the Mabee Center Wednesday Night!

That's right. He can have worship at half time, voice can take up an offering, and Billy Joe can tell punch-out jokes for entertainment.

Then we could have an alter call for the Mo State players and fans to be comforted after they take another beating from Caleb Green and the Eagles!