Missouri State Info...

ORUTerry

Guest Rob Marshall

MO State hasn't played a close game yet (other than trainling by 10 at the half playing @ Arkansas State only to win the game by 17), and that may work to ORU's advantage because this game SHOULD be similar to the Utah State/ORU season opener (from a close, competitive, back-and-forth standpoint).

Final scores from MSU's six games this season:

Lincoln (pre-season) 96-65

MO Southern (pre-season) 116-66

Northern Illinois 87-51

@ Arkansas State 97-80 (MSU trailed 46-36 at the half)

Georgia Southern 101-55

Texas A&M CC 95-75

(that's a 33.3 point margin of victory thru six games).

The Bears will also have junior guard Tyler Chaney available for this year's game (he was injured and didn't play against ORU last season in Springfield). Should be a great game and it will be fun having Coach "B" back stomping on the sidelines at the Mabee Center! :D

Guest Rob Marshall

For ORUTerry and the other stat geeks out there :wink: ...

MSU is ranked nationally in a few offensive categories of note:

#1 in FG% (133-246, 54%)

#2 in 3pt-FG% (41-77, 53%)

#2 in Scoring Offense (95.0 ppg)

The Bears' four (4) regular season opponents have averaged 39.3% FG, 18.5 turnovers per game, and 65.2 ppg.

For ORUTerry and the other stat geeks out there :wink: ...

MSU is ranked nationally in a few offensive categories of note:

#1 in FG% (133-246, 54%)

#2 in 3pt-FG% (41-77, 53%)

#2 in Scoring Offense (95.0 ppg)

The Bears' four (4) regular season opponents have averaged 39.3% FG, 18.5 turnovers per game, and 65.2 ppg.

Based on the opponents that MSU has played against to date, I would not expect to see MSU anywhere near these statistical levels on Wednesday night. I would expect both teams to be somewhere in the neighborhood of MSU's defensive statistics. Although this will be a great (and fun) college basketball game with enough motivation on both sides of the court to make it a dogfight, I predict that ORU will have enough moxey to have a successful outing Wednesday.

I agree that MSU's stats may be misleading but I don't care if you're playing pick-up; those offensive stats are impressive and our team should prepare for it!

Guest Rob Marshall

Since losing to MO State ...

Northern Illinois has the nation's #1 SOS as well as a high RPI (although that doesn't mean much right now); NIU has picked up three wins since playing MSU including 77-68 over Big East member DePaul and 73-69 @ Toledo.

Arkansas State beat Richmond 56-37 and lost @ Louisville 55-67.

Prior to playing MO State ...

Georgia Southern was 3-0, including wins over Mercer (98-79), Augusta State (90-58, and Illinois-Chicago (89-69).

Texas A&M CC lost to TU (67-73), and defeated UTSA (77-59) and South Florida from the Big East (59-47).

I agree with Cornelius, there should be no rest for the weary. We must have an even better effort against Mo State on Wednesday. This part of the schedule will tell us how much we've learned since the beginning of the season. It should be really fun to follow.

Guest EagleBackr
Since losing to MO State ...

Northern Illinois has the nation's #1 SOS as well as a high RPI (although that doesn't mean much right now); NIU has picked up three wins since playing MSU including 77-68 over Big East member DePaul and 73-69 @ Toledo.

Arkansas State beat Richmond 56-37 and lost @ Louisville 55-67.

Prior to playing MO State ...

Georgia Southern was 3-0, including wins over Mercer (98-79), Augusta State (90-58, and Illinois-Chicago (89-69).

Texas A&M CC lost to TU (67-73), and defeated UTSA (77-59) and South Florida from the Big East (59-47).

Two things jump out at me from this:

1. Missouri State's schedule is not as weak as it looks at first glance.

2. How bad must Richmond be? Get those Spiders on our schedule, quick - home & home!!

For those of you who are unaware, Kyan Brown - a former ORU basketball player - is an assistant coach for the MSU Bears. He was a juco transfer player who played circa 2000-2002. Kyan always seemed to have a great attitude and I saw him at a lot of other ORU athletic functions (especially baseball) when he was on campus. Glad to hear he has landed at MSU - that is a nice job. With his personality, I assume he is helping with recruiting a bit.

Thanks for the info Terry. Kyan Brown is one of the classiest, most considerate people I have ever known. We were at ORU the same time and he was one of my younger brother's coaches after he graduated from ORU. As a coach he was always encouraging and was able to draw a lot out of his players -- even at that level. Like you said, he is definitely going to help their recruiting. There is not enough you can say about him as a person. Wednesday's game is going to be a dogfight but I can't think of two classier coaching staffs going head to head. This is going to be good.

Rob:

Based on your comment regarding what happened in the TU locker room at halftime of the game, I have to assume you WERE there in the room. Is this the case?