Teams are settled in

tmh8286

I was down at the Southern Hills Marriott, and saw LOTS of basketball players in the lobby.  The past two years (I THINK it was both years) there has been a wildlife are exhibit and sale going on in the parlor portion of the hotel, so it not only crowded the area for tournament related activity, it also made it extremely busy.

I was down at the Renaissance Hotel today, and the art exhibit has been moved there this year.  It's been replaced at the Marriott with a lot of fun activities for the basketball players - pool tables, video games, ping pong.  And all of that stuff was getting a lot of use.  Kids were everywhere.  It really made me feel good to see players from so many different teams hanging out more or less together. 

Several from the Centenary team were there.  I saw the kid that we shamefully booed when we thought he undercut Yemi.  I wanted to go over and apologize, but I figured he'd probably wonder what I was talking about, so I didn't. 

Looked to me like things were off to a great start, at least at the hotel.

It really made me feel good to see players from so many different teams hanging out more or less together. 

Last year I worked behind the scenes at U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship in Houston.  Roddick, James Blake, Tommy Haas, Bahgdatis...all these stud players hung out together the whole time in the player's lounge...pool, ping-pong, video games, internet, etc. 

On the court: fierce competitors.  Of the court, seemingly best of friends.  It was an interesting observation...one I'd never considered before.