Rev’s AC Madness

ORob2

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6F1krDuxVy/?igsh=eHBzdW4wMzJ3MmZp

Elijah Lawrence (Rev) has set up “Rev’s AC Madness” at the Aerobics Center this Thursday, with four teams made up of friends of the captains and some of last year’s team members. Captains are Kareem, Elijah Lawrence, McBride, and Kai Fudge (who seems to be a manager of the MBB team or something). Ashton Smith, Jake Shannon, Cam, and Braeden Moore are all on teams.

I find this whole thing a little interesting since many of these players have announced new homes, while specifically McBride has not.  I wonder, does this fun, intramural, COMFORTABLE event move the needle at all for McBride?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

School is about to end and graduation is coming up, so maybe they are just having a little fun before summer begins.  It was an interesting post, ORob2.

• Upvote 2

If McBride is graduating with an ORU degree then it would be surprising if he came back for another season.....but who knows perhaps he is just comfortable at 7777 So. Lewis....I know he said when he came to ORU that this was the place he should have been all along and that God had brought him to Tulsa....TheEagleman would expect him to move on for another opportunity and NIL $$$ but ya never know......we would surely welcome the guy back....I guess the question is....Does HCRS want McBride back?? :tb-white:

• Upvote 2

Sounds like fun. My wife and I plan to be there.

Wouldn't it be great if McBride would use this event to announce that he is retuning to ORU this fall? He put Kareem on the spot last year about returning to ORU when he spoke to the crowd during the dedication of the Mike Carter Center.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Dave Connor said:

Wouldn't it be great if McBride would use this event to announce that he is retuning to ORU this fall? He put Kareem on the spot last year about returning to ORU when he spoke to the crowd during the dedication of the Mike Carter Center.

He was at the baseball game with friends Tuesday night; he sure acts like a guy who is sticking around, or at least NOT like a guy who is out the door. 🤔

• Upvote 3

Thanks for bringing up that fact OT.  During the broadcast of the game Adam pointed out that McBride was in the stands at JLJ along with other ORUMBB teammates.  The only other one he specifically mentioned was I think Miller.  

Another McBride sighting, this time at the annual All-Sports award banquet, aka "The Eli Awards".

Editor's Note:  They're all so young!  lol

• Upvote 1

Rev’s AC Madness was fun to watch. The players had a great time showing what they could do and interacting with the enthusiastic crowd. Carol and I could only stay for the first round. Here are a few thoughts:

• Mcbride was definitely the "General". He had something to do with almost every point scored by his team. He either made the basket or assisted a teammate who was either driving to the basket or in position for an open shot behind the arc. He was very jovial and talked to people in the crowd as he ran down the court. He did some really fancy dribbling while moving backwards. HCRS would not want to see that during a real game, but it was fun to watch.
  • Kareem was a force to be reckoned with on both sides of the court. He made one of the most fantastic windmill slam dunks that I have ever seen. As he was in the air moving toward the basket, he caught the ball with outstretched arm parallel to his waist and slammed the ball so fast I didn't even see it pass through the net.
  • Cam was crazy good. Even his teammates appeared to be shocked. He was draining threes and passing like Mid-Court Max. (Correction: Three pointers were only 2 pointers.)

Here are a few photos taken on my iPhone:

IMG_1632.thumb.jpeg.28af5f6c183b2d3757f80b51fab7c91b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12bd337adc5f9f12197dc5e197ff967d.jpegIMG_1665.thumb.jpeg.5d6d44cba06c79a0727c095b352abea3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Great report!! Thanks, Dave!! Glad you and Carol were able to attend!! Were there any members of the coaching staff around that you were able to see?

I did not recognize anyone from the coaching staff, but the viewing area was pretty crowded, so it was hard to see who was there. The crowd was at least 90% students. Experiencing their joy and enthusiasm energized me... I felt years younger.

Unfortunately, the three photos don't show the crowded stands.