24-25 Roster

Keenan Henderson

"Committed" is one thing.

"Signed" is another.

This one is now official...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Interesting Bio on this guy.  Although coming from Rice, his first and second years were at Cal where he was a member of the PAC 12 All-Freshman team.  Also did some prep work at Beckley Prep in West Virginia.  Not bad size either at 6'7"/230 lbs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a pretty solid pickup here for the Men's staff. He has experience and seems to be a smart kid! The roster is growing slowly but surely! Hopefully we can solidify a few more here and keep it rolling. I've heard they may announce two signees today. I'm looking forward to see who else will join this roster. 

Latest official signee:

• Like 2

With the addition of 2 new players today both 6'7 I would say we are going to have some size outside of McBride. Correct me if I am wrong, but outside of Weaver and Mwamba I guess we've been fairly undersized the past few years. I'm sure I've missed someone, but I like what I'm seeing so far. 

That's a big hometown... 😉

• Haha 1

and Sam A. is Irish???...interesting.......:circle-logoi:

On 5/6/2024 at 10:03 PM, Eaglefan 21 said:

1. Isaac McBride - Gr.

2. Jalen Miller - Sr.

3. Sam Alajiki - Sr.

4. Sir Isaac Herron - Jr.

5. Darius Robinson - Jr.

6. Carlos Rosairo - Jr.

7. Bradeon Moore - Soph.

8. Josh Jones - Soph.

9. Pablo Navarro - Soph.

10. Luke Grey - Fr.

11. Mathok Majok- Soph.

Walk-on:

Chase Martin - Jr.

Two scholarships left.

12.  JoJo Moore

one to go

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Got to be one of the taller rosters ORU has had in the last decade. 10 guys 6'5 or taller!

Just hoping never again to be out-rebounded so badly for a season.  Painful to witness.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Got to be one of the taller rosters ORU has had in the last decade. 10 guys 6'5 or taller!

Of course, many players exaggerate their height. For example, 247sports.com lists Jojo at 6'3". 

Love to see it. I wonder if Darius will play some back up point guard or if that signing is still coming? We can’t play Mackie 40 minutes a game…again.

• Haha 1

Just watching Robinson's video he reminds me a little of Mackie.  He is a scorer, shooter, and is effective at driving and finishing around the rim.  He might be a good spark off the bench to ignite the offense.  I think his big question mark is how he does on the defensive end.

At least, apparently, "it's a wrap" for this particular recruiting cycle. 

Following the upcoming Quiet period in June, there's are various Dead, Quiet, Evaluation, and Contact periods leading up to the Early Signing Date in November.

And then there's always one or two new "mystery guys" who seem to always pop up around the time school starts.

In other words:  It. Never. Ends.

Brainstorming Never Ending GIF by Blobby Barack

• Like 1

Looking at the roster and here are some thoughts:

The back court should be the strength of ORU's team.  McBride is an all star, Miller can improve and Robinson looks like another shooter. Chase Martin also gives some size and experience as a backup shooting guard.

The center position is improving.  Herron and Jones return and the 7'4 big man is an interesting addition.

The forwards should be the X factor for this Eagles team.  ORU lost Kareem and DJ, who were staples on the team for many years.  Who will replace them is key.  The two transfers (Sam and Carlos) have a lot of experience but their stats are underwhelming.  Luke Gray has  potential but is a freshman. Moore and Pablo need to make a jump forward.  If the forwards/wings develop and are solid then ORU  can reload but if they struggle then the Eagles may be In for another rebuilding year.

• Upvote 1