Yes it is early in the offseason but here is an updated roster for next season:

1. Jalen Miller - Sr.

2. Sir Issac Herron - Jr.

3. Chase Martin - Jr.

4. Josh Jones - Soph.

5. Braedon Moore - Soph.

6. Pablo Navarro - Soph.

7. Luke Gray - Fr.

Nice guys, but Yikes! I don't think I can look at that list until it's a bit more complete 🫣🫣.

Pablo Navarro has not received much attention, but I think he has the potential to be a solid contributor next season. I wish he would have redshirted his first year. He reminds me of Chad Wilkerson, who actually planned on redshirting his freshman year, but was put into action and ultimately did not play many minutes that year. His senior year he was the conference player of the year. Go Pablo!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dave Connor said:

Pablo Navarro has not received much attention, but I think he has the potential to be a solid contributor next season. I wish he would have redshirted his first year. He reminds me of Chad Wilkerson, who actually planned on redshirting his freshman year, but was put into action and ultimately did not play many minutes that year. His senior year he was the conference player of the year. Go Pablo!!!

Yes, Dave I would agree with you about Pablo.  I liked his hustle in limited minutes last year.  Of course he was trying to come back from a knee injury, where he missed the first 7-8 games of the season.  He hopefully will be 100% percent next year and ready to help off the bench.

HUGE 7-to-10 days upcoming for ORU recruiting, starting this weekend.  Several prospects visiting campus, featuring JUCO and portal guys.  And the jury is still out on McBride staying or going.

Meanwhile, wondering what to make of the likes of Phipps and Bedford not yet announcing new homes.  Could they come full circle back to 81st & Lewis?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

HUGE 7-to-10 days upcoming for ORU recruiting, starting this weekend.  Several prospects visiting campus, featuring JUCO and portal guys. 

Any info you can share on who is coming to campus?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Any info you can share on who is coming to campus?

At least five JUCO and portal guys that I know of; I’m guessing there may be more.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 1

I had been following twitter pretty religiously when the portal opened. ORU probably had 20 to 30 prospects that we were in “contact” with. However, over the last three weeks or so things have gotten very, very quiet. It makes me thing that three possible things are happening, with a possible fusion option of 2 and 3 together.

1.) worst scenario- we are striking out in the portal and with the juco guys so the staff is ready for a rebuild and is looking to build with college freshman for next year. It’s harder to find info about who is recruiting high schoolers with the portal being the rage.

2.) we have slowed down reaching out to portal prospects as we are confident in our ability to sign some of the juco guys and other players we have been pursuing in the portal.

3.) many of the current players are coming back.

My hope is that the truth is a fusion of options 2 and 3 . Perhaps we can get McBride and Bedford to return and combine them with a couple of strong juco’s like Hubbard, Lajae Jones, and Brody Robinson and a couple of other solid portal players to create an experienced enough team to make some noise next year. Sounds like we will know more soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

The only player with an option to return is McBride. Where is @Bogus Smithfinger wag gif? Lol. 

FingerCircle.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

The only player with an option to return is McBride. Where is @Bogus Smithfinger wag gif? Lol. 

Why would Phipps, Bedford, etc. not have the option to return?

2 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Why would Phipps, Bedford, etc. not have the option to return?

Not necessarily a discussion for this board, but I think Phipps would be moving on for more playing time and, if that is the case, he would get more minutes in D-II.  Bedford may be looking for something more than what ORU would be offering.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 9:16 AM, Old Titan said:

Meanwhile, wondering what to make of the likes of Phipps and Bedford not yet announcing new homes.  Could they come full circle back to 81st & Lewis?

Trey Phipps announces on Twitter he's headed to Northeastern State in Tahlequah, where his father Conley finished his career as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah so excited.  Thanks for posting ORob 2.  That makes the weekend even a little better.  Now coach Springmann can build around the Summit League Preseason Player of the Year: Isaac McBride!  We got our quarterback and leader again for another season.

• Upvote 2

This is wonderful news! My hunch is HCRS will add some more keys pieces and we will have a really good cohesive team next year. Gotta keep using the intangibles like HCRS and Kelsi Musick seem good at doing.

• Upvote 3