"We're going to miss you more than you miss us."

tmh8286

When Coach Sutton made that remark in his words to Ken and Caleb in the Senior Night festivities, what were your thoughts about that?  I'm curious.

Couldn't agree more.  Not that they aren't going to miss us; just that we will be remembering them fondly for decades to come.

It was easy to see that both Ken and Caleb felt terrible about last night's outcome.  I felt bad for them having to speak publicly after such a tough loss.  Senior Night is emotional enough as it is, and I can't remember ever suffering a loss on that night since Coach Sutton moved the festivities to a post-game affair, ala OSU.  Usually, we're basking in the warmth of another win over Valpo!  So all things considered, I thought both of the guys handled an awkward situation pretty well.  And like they said, "we're not done yet."  Hopefully, we can all celebrate their true "last game in Tulsa" with a net-cutting ceremony at the UMAC in two weeks...

Hopefully, we can all celebrate their true "last game in Tulsa" with a net-cutting ceremony at the UMAC in two weeks...

Sounds good to me!  :-D8-):mrgreen:

Guest Rob Marshall

Senior Night is emotional enough as it is, and I can't remember ever suffering a loss on that night since Coach Sutton moved the festivities to a post-game affair, ala OSU. 

In keeping with my reputation as all knowing and knowing all, actually, the senior night ceremony moved to "post-game" back in the NIT season (96-97).  Some here may remember that night as Earl could have easily given an invitation to receive Jesus and all 3000 people remaining would have flooded the floor quicker than the kids do today for the Eli "YMCA" timeout.  The concept actually came from Bob Knight and Indiana (not OSU), where I always loved going to Senior Day even more than the Purdue game when I was growing up.  Coach Self wasn't too in favor of doing it that way initially, but as it turned out it's become an ORU tradition too.  :-D

In keeping with my reputation as all knowing and knowing all, actually, the senior night ceremony moved to "post-game" back in the NIT season (96-97).  Some here may remember that night as Earl could have easily given an invitation to receive Jesus and all 3000 people remaining would have flooded the floor quicker than the kids do today for the Eli "YMCA" timeout.  The concept actually came from Bob Knight and Indiana (not OSU), where I always loved going to Senior Day even more than the Purdue game when I was growing up.  Coach Self wasn't too in favor of doing it that way initially, but as it turned out it's become an ORU tradition too.   :-D

Whatever...

My point is this:  it was commendable that Ken and Caleb were able to maintain their composure after such a tough loss.  Hats off to them.

Oh, and for the record:  I invented the Internet, sliced bread, and The Titan Train.  Top that... :roll:

Guest Rob Marshall

My point is this:  it was commendable that Ken and Caleb were able to maintain their composure after such a tough loss.  Hats off to them.

Thank you for clarifying your point, OT.  That certainly isn't exactly how senior night is suppose to be scripted, so you're right Tutt and Green had to suck it up and take the mic when I'm sure there are a million places they would rather have been at that moment following a disappointing loss.  As my Grandma always said though, that type of thing builds one's character.

Seriously?

Of course not - I'm not that old!

But I do remember the Titan mascot, in full Roman garb, and his Spirit Can!

(For those of you under the age of forty, it was a beat up old metal trash can, painted blue, that he would drag out onto the floor in the old gym.  You know the routine:  crack the lid a little bit, get a little cheer from the crowd.  Crack it a bunch, get a big cheer.  Fling the lid completely off and brandish it like a shield, the place goes nuts.)

40 is no where in sight  :-D (well, maybe like, way off in the distance), yet I, too, remember the Titan and his trash can...

But 1000s of fans* doing the Titan Train?  ...forever embedded in my mind!

Please don't let Rob rewrite this post, lest history be rewritten to read: hundreds of fans back in the '70s

Guest Blevins

In keeping with my reputation as all knowing and knowing all, actually, the senior night ceremony moved to "post-game" back in the NIT season (96-97). 

I told you...