What a night...let's party on...

orumom

The Don Reynolds center seats 8355.  Mabee actually had more paid tickets tonight from what I saw, than the DonRey has seats.  What that tells me is that Tulsa can still support both programs. There was a lot going on today in Tulsa (Like the Bridal Fair  :roll:), and we still rocked!

When the entire facility did the wave it felt like the 70's!  Even the blue hairs that Old Titan gives such a tough time wore white & did the wave.  I'm sure they rolled back their clocks & added at least another year to their lives.  Sections K & L looked full almost to the top of the blue section & the rest of Mabee looked great too.  Even on the news, where we have sections behind the goals that always look empty, they looked full.  After tonight, filling the UMAC should be easy.

What a fun ride this year has been and will continue to be.  

Enjoyed Coach Sutton's senior night speach & his recognition of Richard Fuqua. Ken did good & Caleb showed us the leader he is.

The student section....what can I say?  If they would keep up that enthusiasm for a whole season they would know why those of us that have been involved since "back in the day" are so hooked on ORU basketball.  Great Job!

ORUSPORTS.COM -----thank you for being the halftime sponsor tonight. 

I'm proud to be an ORU fan...just talk amongst yourselves while I regain my composure

This is the first report of Sr Night after game activities I've read. Canng anyone give a report? From what I've gathered, Coach and Caleb and Ken spoke and Coach said something about Fuqua.

Following Tulsa World article says it best:

Notebook: Big sendoff

By MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

2/18/2007

View in Print (PDF) Format

Caleb Green seemed to feel like he had to apologize to the fans for Saturday's loss, but about 3,000 stayed after the game to remember Green and Ken Tutt fondly in a Senior Night ceremony.

"I hate that we had to disappoint the fans, but it ain't over," Green said. "We've still got the Mid-Con Tournament to play and we need y'all like a heartbeat."

Just then, a woman yelled from the stands, "We love you, Caleb!"

Tutt thanked his mother, father and sister for their support throughout his athletic career.

"They were there from the start. They watched every game I ever played and I'm a senior in college and they're still watching," Tutt said.

The seniors were presented with framed jerseys. Head coach Scott Sutton said those same jerseys may someday deserve to hang in the rafters, along with those of former ORU greats Richard Fuqua (1969-73), who attended the game, and the late Anthony Roberts (1973-77).

Addressing his comments to his seniors, Sutton said, "I promise you, we're going to miss you a lot more than you're going to miss us."

Missing link: Sutton thought it was a big play when Yemi Ogunoye got his second foul and had to come out of the game.

Until then, the 6-foot-9 Ogunoye was keeping Jaycee Carroll, the Western Athletic Conference's leading scorer, in check.

"If (Carroll) were playing in one of the power conferences, they'd be talking about him being an All-American," Sutton said. "When Yemi went out, (Carroll) was able to get some baskets in transition. He got going and it started their comeback."

Road trip: About 50 of the Mabee Maniacs will ride a chartered bus 18 hours round-trip to watch ORU's final regular-season game at Oakland (Mich.) next Saturday.

The student group annually raises money to attend one road game. The Maniacs went to Valparaiso two years ago and to Indiana-Purdue last season.

"I think it's great," said ORU coach Scott Sutton. "I think it gives you a little more energy having those guys there, and any help you can get on the road is obviously a bonus."

The bus will leave from Tulsa about 7 p.m. Thursday and arrive in Rochester, Mich., on Friday afternoon and arrive home Sunday afternoon.

Busy day: ORU officials could point to a big walkup crowd for Saturday's near sellout. About 2,000 tickets were sold during the day, leaving only about 900 unsold in the hour before tipoff.