MLB Opening Day (or night)

Otis 83

I cut the cord about 5 years ago and due to the spitting contest between regional sports outlets and most streaming services I don't get to see as many Rangers games as I would like.  If I'm honest with myself, that's probably good for my marriage.

In any event, the Rangers are the defending World Series Champions so the world wide leader in sports chose the first Rangers game of the season for a national broadcast.  What a treat to see the championship banner hung at Globe Life Whateverthisoneiscalled.  Nasty Nate Eovoldi had to battle last night but set the team up for a win.  A bad call and a distracted Jonah Heim allowed the Cubs to take a one run lead late only to have the game tied in the 9th by pinch hitter Travis Jankowski.  It was Jankowski's 11th home run in his 1,317 career at bats.  Let that sink in.  Oh, he swung at the first pitch he saw this season.

Heim redeems himself with a walk off RBI in the bottom of the 10th.  It looks like the Rangers will be a scrappy bunch again this year.  They just need to figure out a way to stay in contention until the Cy Young winners start coming off the IL later in the season.

I know we have a lot of Astros fans on this board.  I pray for you regularly 😛  It looks like we will have another hotly contested AL West race this year.  Especially if Ron Washington can figure out how to put out the dumpster fire in Anaheim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/29/2024 at 9:20 AM, Otis 83 said:

I know we have a lot of Astros fans on this board.  I pray for you regularly 😛  

Thank you for your prayers!!! Astros' Ronel Blanco with the complete game no-hitter against the Blue Jays tonight! If the Astros would not have been swept by the Yankees to start the season, they would totally be undefeated right now!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

And speaking of undefeated, how about those Pirates?  Go Buccos!

image.jpeg.a89b5f1cef8c19eb575efcf8d2ff822b.jpeg 3 HRs last night!!!....WOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been a Dodgers fan since 1990 but it is very sad to see them just go and buy a World Series ring.  It is disappointing to see them spend 700 million on one player.  They may still lose in the playoffs again, as they often have.  Still glad baseball season is here.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:57 AM, Keenan Henderson said:

I have been a Dodgers fan since 1990 but it is very sad to see them just go and buy a World Series ring.  It is disappointing to see them spend 700 million on one player.  They may still lose in the playoffs again, as they often have.  Still glad baseball season is here.

As a mixed-up kid in the 80s, I liked the Dodgers. I've since repented and put it far behind me. Feels good to be clean.

• Haha 2

Well done, Grip....now if you could just wean yourself off Jerry Jones and the stinkin' Dallas Cowboys......Image result for jerry jones drunk photos

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

As a mixed-up kid in the 80s, I liked the Dodgers. I've since repented and put it far behind me. Feels good to be clean.

Just remember.... one of our most beloved baseball coaches (Jim Brewer) was an integral part of the Dodgers' success in the 60's and 70's.  A graduate of Broken Arrow High School, Brew was a big part of the Tulsa community as well after his MLB career ended in 1976.

4 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Just remember.... one of our most beloved baseball coaches (Jim Brewer) was an integral part of the Dodgers' success in the 60's and 70's.  A graduate of Broken Arrow High School, Brew was a big part of the Tulsa community as well after his MLB career ended in 1976.

Great catch Bogus, Brew was a HUGE part of our baseball programs' success and a wonderful man. I will also point out that former Dodger great Steve Garvey has a chance to take Difi's open senate seat in California and defeat my personal least favorite member of congress Adam Shiff. #Dodgerssavingamerica   

• Upvote 3