ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

On 3/28/2024 at 7:25 PM, ORob2 said:

Another fantastic outing from Jakob Hall!  Although he was robbed of it last week, he should be looking at a Summit League POTW for sure… right?!

On 3/28/2024 at 8:01 PM, Bogus Smith said:

You would think, but the league office is located out of our area code.  🤷‍♂️

Jakob is co-POTW sharing the accolade with Omaha LHP Caleb Riedel.  You really have to give the league office tremendous credit for their creativity.  By having co-POTW recipients, neither of who are from the Dakotas, they can claim two awards went outside of the Dakotas without taking any future opportunities away from Dakota based pitchers.  It is really genius if you think about it. 

If I'm objective,  and I am admittedly biased, the tie is defensible but geez, after back to back dominating performances, doesn't the dude deserve to win the award outright?

Hall:  8 shutout innings, 4 hits, 8 Ks

Riedel:  7 shutout innings, 3 hits, 8 Ks. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Yes it would be devastating to the other Summit League baseball teams if ORU limps into the SL tournament in a down year and then finds a way to win it.  It is all still out in front of them.   There are a lot of games still to be played.

True that, Jason.....and ORU needs to find a way to win this series in No. Colorado starting today or what's next...an earthquake on the East Coast???...oh yeah that just happened.....😛

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 6:20 PM, John said:

Yes, This has been a tough year so far, but take a look at LSU, they aren’t doing too well either.

There is still a chance, the averages have to balance out. The big positive is we get to play each team in our conference 6 times, so if the guys can sweep South Dakota State, and win the series against North Dakota State, and Omaha, they could get into the league tournament.

Pitching has struggled, but is getting better, some of the arms that were hurt are getting healthy!

Yes, the defense is not as athletic as last year, but they are playing well and improving…

Hitting is challenging, but if the guys can adjust to off speed pitches they will be fine.

Remember, we have a great coaching staff, and from what I see they will bring these players along.

what a great opportunity for these young men to learn how make positive adjustments and never give up.

In my old high school team room there was a quote…” winners, never quit, and quitters never win!”

The Scriptures tell us that a Righteous man rises up 7 times.. . that means they had to have fallen or lost.

my prayer for these guys is that they will be remembered for the comeback not for the defeat!

The quote on the wall of my high school team room was: Luck is when preparation meets with opportunity.

• Upvote 1