NDSU @ ORU

Otis 83

The Bison come to town for 3 game weekend Summit League series.  I don't have a lot of analysis for you as the NCAA MBB tournament started yesterday🙂

The Bison were picked 2nd in the Summit Preseason poll and are 5-15 on the season.  Their 5 wins are against Pacific (2), SE Louisiana and Omaha (2).  As a team, they are batting .235 and their ERA is .764 but I'm not counting any chickens.

This is good news!

• Upvote 1

Jakob Hall throws a complete game to give the Golden Eagles game one of the series 7-3.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Jakob Hall throws a complete game to give the Golden Eagles game one of the series 7-3.

Even better, a three-hit, thirteen strikeout complete game!  Summit pitcher of the week should be a LOCK...

• Like 3

ORU wins a Summit League game?!?!? Bout freakin' time....Go Blue!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Even better, a three-hit, thirteen strikeout complete game!  Summit pitcher of the week should be a LOCK...

What a great start by Jakob.  I hope this is a sign of things to come.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

What a great start by Jakob.  I hope this is a sign of things to come.  

I went to HS with one of Jakob's aunts. She is bragging all over the place...as she should be!

• Upvote 3

Josh Caravalho goes on the mound for the good guys today.  Brooks Fowler is sidelined with an injury and hopefully won't be out long.  We may be pitching by committee on Sunday.  Tuesday is our first mid-week game with OU.

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

Josh Caravalho goes on the mound for the good guys today.  Brooks Fowler is sidelined with an injury and hopefully won't be out long.  We may be pitching by committee on Sunday.  Tuesday is our first mid-week game with OU.

He is? Any idea what the injury is? 

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

Josh Caravalho goes on the mound for the good guys today.  

It will be interesting to see how long Josh will go today.  His dad posted on Twitter that he's in Tulsa this weekend.  I'm hoping he gets to see his son deliver a dominating performance!

I noticed Cameron is back out of the rotation.  Seems odd since he had a decent day at the plate, and was starting basically every game before he got hurt.  I expected him to be back as a staple of the lineup, anyone else think that’s strange?

1 hour ago, ORob2 said:

I noticed Cameron is back out of the rotation.  Seems odd since he had a decent day at the plate, and was starting basically every game before he got hurt.  I expected him to be back as a staple of the lineup, anyone else think that’s strange?

On the pregame, Adam said that was a regularly scheduled thing and no cause for concern.  I agree it seems a bit strange.  Hopefully they are just easing him back in and we will see him on the card every game very soon.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, El Jefe 11 said:

Bats are quiet today.

I don't think we were facing overpowering pitching.

• Upvote 1

The wheels are off the bus and there is serious trouble in River City.  Very sad, welcome to the Summit basement.

Just now, ORU82 said:

The wheels are off the bus and there is serious trouble in River City.  Very sad, welcome to the Summit basement.

Depressing.

• Upvote 1