Home opener today - Let's play two!

Old Titan

Weather in Tulsa at noon today:  32?, overcast, with a pretty good north wind.

Reminds me of when Coach Larry Cochell would sometimes wear three sets of thermal underwear beneath his uniform.

Made him look like an Oompah-Loompah.

Over/Under on number of fans in the stands at opening pitch:  25

Over/Under on how many of those fans aren't related to an ORU player or coach:  3

Chances are those remaining three are girlfriends of ORU baseball players:  100%

Big start for the Eagles - score three in the second - load the bases in the third on an error and two walks - and first-year ss Adam Younger brings them home with the first homer of the season - a grand salami.

It's now 7-0 with no outs in the bottom of the third.  Chris Ashman is cruising on the mound.

Props to ORU for adding a live stats component for the games at JL Johnson!

Chad Rothford and Marcus Tackett join in the home run party - it's now 13-0 after 3.  Missouri Southern with 5 errors - ouch!

My last post of the afternoon - I'm going golfing!

Believe it or not, we had a great crowd for opening day.  It was reported to me that there were actually around 400 people at the game.  Box seat sales are much higher than recent years.  I have a half box available on 1st base side, nothing available under the overhang, and about 8 boxes available starting at the very end of 3rd base side.  We've had a very positive response with season ticket sales.  I expect to have the boxes sold out by the Kansas game on Feb. 27.  J.L. Johnson has 40 boxes total.