2 Games and Counting....

Bogus Smith

It's hard to believe that we are getting ready to see the last three two games in the Mabee Center of the Green/Tutt era in ORU Basketball.  It has been a great four year run and we have a lot to be thankful for in what Caleb and Ken have done to raise the level of our basketball program.  I would imagine that the coaches didn't know what they were getting at the time when they recruited these two guys.  I'm sure that they are as thankful as the ORU faithful.

I would challenge ALL ORU fans to come to a basketball game in the next week and see the end of an era before it's too late.  The Mid-Con Tournament doesn't really count since it isn't in our house, so come out and bring your cameras (especially next Saturday).  Somehow, I don't think that we'll be disappointed.

GREAT post, Bogus, and so VERY, VERY true.  I told others earlier in the season, those two players have had such a special place in the hearts of ORU fans that their leaving after this season will really leave a void.  I couldn't agree more - come out and savor the end of an era.

If you're not going to the game on Thursday because it's....Centenary, well then you're missing the point about history and ORU basketball.  Get out and see what you'll be talking about in 2, 3, or 5 years from now.  We'll be talking about these guys in the same breath as Anthony, Richard, Mark and others (we already are!!). 

If the game isn't enough, we should be pushing the team to close and to feed the ball inside to get Caleb the record (without sacrificing the team and its chemistry).  The more touches he gets, the more opportunity Caleb has to score and/or shoot free throws.

In case you haven't noticed...these are the good old days (NOW)!  Go out and relish the time.

I couldn't agree more.  I believe that today's fans will look back on the Caleb and Ken period with the same awe as those of us who had the pleasure of watching Anthony, Alvin and Arnold play thirty years ago. (Was it really that long ago???)

You never know when the next North Carolina A&T game will occur. (Anthony Roberts scored 66 points in that game.  It was one of the greatest athletic performances that I ever witnessed in person.)

What are the chances of a 40 pt game from either of these guys?

I remember when Reggie borges did it.  Caleb is much better than gorgeous borgeous

Caleb may be too much of a team player to get 40 - plus he's doubled and tripled up all the time, so it makes it pretty hard for him to go off like that.  So far as I remember his highest scoring game was 33 (x2).

Those two will stand tall among ORU fans for years to come, Isbig.  No need to change it TOO soon.  I'd leave it until someone takes their place - and that may take a long, long time.