2024 WNIT Invitation

ORU82

I think our two schools have completely different fan bases. TU fans would not be coming here, even if TU had no game. 

TU is on spring break this week, too. And they have such awful parking... 🙂 

2 hours ago, titansforever said:

I think our two schools have completely different fan bases. TU fans would not be coming here, even if TU had no game. 

TU is on spring break this week, too. And they have such awful parking... 🙂 

Which makes me believe that we will outdraw the TU game - even though they have a far more superior opponent.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bogus Smith said:

Which makes me believe that we will outdraw the TU game - even though they have a far more superior opponent.

Although...I think there are a lot of Arkansas fans who live in Oklahoma. I know there are a lot at my church! And the weather is good for folks to drive over from Arkansas.

Well, then hope we are both winners; however, most P5 schools (soon to be P4 schools) usually see WBIT/WNIT to be a poor consolation for not getting an at-large bid to the Big Dance. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/18/2024 at 8:54 PM, Otis 83 said:

That’s great to hear. Hopefully those clowns at Midco get the memo because it still isn’t reflected on their schedule. 

I still can't find the game on the MidCo Minus app on my phone but guess which game is on the SLN app?  South Dakota vs. UC Riverside!  Gotta love the consistency of MidCo.  Thanks Commissioner Hockey!

15 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I still can't find the game on the MidCo Minus app on my phone but guess which game is on the SLN app?  South Dakota vs. UC Riverside!  Gotta love the consistency of MidCo.  Thanks Commissioner Hockey!

Watch it here: https://oruathletics.com/watch/?Archive=559&type=Live 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

The game is on the ORU Sports Network....so you get to watch the game for free!!  😉

I just checked and Midco still does not have the ORU/Grambling game listed even though we are only a few hours away from tipoff, so apparently Midco is not going to carry the game?  What happened to all the promises that each SL member's sports would all be carried on Midco?  Just another reason why the entire Midco/SL deal is a joke.  BTW, Midco is carrying the USD/UC Riverside game of the WNIT, just not our Golden Eagles.

3 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

I just checked and Midco still does not have the ORU/Grambling game listed even though we are only a few hours away from tipoff, so apparently Midco is not going to carry the game?  What happened to all the promises that each SL member's sports would all be carried on Midco?  Just another reason why the entire Midco/SL deal is a joke.  BTW, Midco is carrying the USD/UC Riverside game of the WNIT, just not our Golden Eagles.

The prior two posts before yours provided the details:  it's not on MIDCO; it's on the ORU Sports Network - for FREE.

LINK:  https://oruathletics.com/watch/?Live=562&type=Live

Got it OT and already had read those two posts.  I am glad it is for free on the ORU Sports Network and wish all of our sports were back on that platform.  However, I guess I was stupid for believing all of the talk last year that all of our events would now be carried on Midco and that we would have to pay to see the same, which I did.  Secondly, why does USD get their game carried on Midco and we do not?  Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The prior two posts before yours provided the details:  it's not on MIDCO; it's on the ORU Sports Network - for FREE.

LINK:  https://oruathletics.com/watch/?Live=562&type=Live

Thanks OT, I was just misled by the posts that said it would be on the SLN (with circles).  Sorry for being obtuse...not really.

The ladies fought hard to the end.  I still feel like the arrow is pointing up for WBB at ORU.

• Upvote 2

Yes, it was a hard-fought game.  17 lead changes and plenty of no-calls throughout the night.  Grambling was very physical and quick.  It was a good matchup, but agree with you Otis that the program is on the upswing.

Next year we get some significant size to go with our three-point shooters, which will help us be more rounded.  I saw four of the five early signees at the game tonight, so the incoming class is excited to get started.  They will need their "excitement" if they want to play the "Kelsi-style" ball that we have transitioned to.

• Upvote 1

What impressive energy all night from the Golden Eagles. The game outcome came down to us missing 3-4 free throws in the last 2-3 minutes of the game and only shooting 23% from 3 point range.  But the effort was tremendous and Grambling hit so many shots over the last 5 minutes that looked like they had no chance of going in.  

Coach Musick is clearly a detail oriented Xs and Os coach and her players have a clear understanding of how to execute her plan.  It is refreshing to see.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, ORU82 said:

why does USD get their game carried on Midco and we do not?  Sorry for the rant.

MIDCO broadcasts all home USD games for their cable network subscribers; that's why the MIDCO broadcasters are so cozy with the teams up there:  they call their games all season, and from a "home team" perspective.  

Consequently, outlying Summit schools such as ORU, Denver and UMKC are viewed merely as the villianous "opponent" in all games Dakota-centric.

Which is why the discussion of the Summit League taking in a school like UTRGV is so far-fetched:  Commissioner Hockey is NEVER going to propose a new school outside that region without MIDCO's and Sanford Health's approval.

It's the likes of Augustana and Mankato State or bust, friends... 🙄

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORUJason said:

Coach Musick is clearly a detail oriented Xs and Os coach and her players have a clear understanding of how to execute her plan.  It is refreshing to see.

I see what you did there...  🤭

• Upvote 2

I started watching the game on my laptop but at halftime the feed went black.  I couldn't get the stream back but was able to stream on my phone through the ORU app.  Did anyone else experience this?

I streamed through my phone and transferred the feed to my big screen.  The quality of the entire production was substandard at best.  It sounded like they were tapping into Adam's radio broadcast and just showing a continual live feed from Mabee, including timeouts, etc.  Further, the overall production was terrible.  After watching I was glad it was not on Midco because it looked about as low budget poor production as you could get.  In reality, to me it was an embarrassment.  Not Adam's broadcast but everything else.