***UMKC GAME THREAD***

Texasgrip

ORU 27-23 at half...neither team shooting well. 

I've only just tuned in; any other notes from the first half?

OK, now we're smoking...need to keep on!

This will be my last post on this subject. :-D

I know, it's over, and we're starting to look to tonight's Homecoming show down (drat, I can't quite make it in time...leaving Houston for Tulsa about 5 p.m.), BUT, again we led big (by 15) and let UMKC (albeit Quinton Day's unreal shots) come back within 5 and make it a game.  Can we please dominate an entire second half and smoke someone?  How about S. Utah tonight?  They could use a good beating down.  Our last big drubbing was against...Centenary :-o 

Don't get me wrong, a 'W' is supreme and the most important thing.  I'd just like to begin to finish strong.  If we don't get that mentality before the Mid-Con Tourney, we may not see the promised land...which many of us have been taking for granted.  And even if we do, we certainly won't last if we don't have that finishing mindset...

I bet coach Sutton has been pounding that into their heads since Thursday - he said as much the post-game interview.

I agree about SUU - squished them like a bug!

I would love a "squashing", but I'd settle for a win over SUU.  They are, to me, the "scariest" team in the Mid-Con, due to their expertise with the 3 point shot.  If they get hot, they can score points in a hurry and cause a Homecoming crowd to sweat out a tight finish.  If they are cold - we can win by 30.  We'll see which team shows up!

...leaving Houston for Tulsa about 5 p.m...

Hey TexasGrip - if you leave a little earlier & drive a little faster, you might be able to make it at half-time  :lol:

I would love a "squashing", but I'd settle for a win over SUU.  They are, to me, the "scariest" team in the Mid-Con, due to their expertise with the 3 point shot.  If they get hot, they can score points in a hurry and cause a Homecoming crowd to sweat out a tight finish.  If they are cold - we can win by 30.  We'll see which team shows up!

Blue, the home crowd has been sweating out tight finishes at Mabee Center as long as I can remember.  A buddy of mine (I've quoted him on this before) says you always get your money's worth at home games, and way more often than I like, he's right!

Another buddy has told me he thinks this is a team that will be gutting out games all season long, and so far, he's been right as well.

It pays to surround yourself with smart people!

Hey TexasGrip - if you leave a little earlier & drive a little faster, you might be able to make it at half-time   :lol:

I'm past the days of challenging the Texas DPS...never did manage to win that one!

SQUASHING COMPLETE!!!  Way to go Eagles.  I was checking the score on my phone between Houston and Sherman last night.  I nearly scared my wife and kids to death by hollering once I saw we went on something like a 20-3 run early in the second half...and it never got close again!  That's what I'm talking about!  Now I get to watch the last two homegames of the season live...how cool is that?