Saturday Night

tmh8286

Dave Garrett posted on Facebook that he will be back at JLJ to broadcast the game Saturday afternoon game against UMASS Lowell, presumably because Adam will still be in the frozen north. 

I'm looking forward to hearing Dave doing the play-by-play for the Golden Eagles again. Great blast from the past!

That's good news.  We had the Drillers broadcaster fill in for Adam earlier in the season.  He was fine but he is rather low energy.  Apparently he's also the PA announcer at baseball games.  Perhaps he's more to @Old Titan's taste compared to the Mabee Center PA announcer.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Otis 83 said:

That's good news.  We had the Drillers broadcaster fill in for Adam earlier in the season.  He was fine but he is rather low energy.  Apparently he's also the PA announcer at baseball games.  Perhaps he's more to @Old Titan's taste compared to the Mabee Center PA announcer.

Yes. Jeff Brucculeri. He's an ORU grad and has a long history with ORU athletics. I like him but my boys accused him of putting them to sleep!! 

On a side note unrelated to ORU sports or anything else, Jeff was the cousin of my wife's roommate when we first started dating.😜

35 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Yes. Jeff Brucculeri. He's an ORU grad and has a long history with ORU athletics. I like him but my boys accused him of putting them to sleep!! 

On a side note unrelated to ORU sports or anything else, Jeff was the cousin of my wife's roommate when we first started dating.😜

I thought Jeff did a fantastic job on play-by-play.

Sorry; not sorry.

As for Diamond Dave Garrett, I sure hope he's in attendance at Beautiful J.L. and not trying to do the job off the video feed.  An ORU player just hit an RBI single to the outfield with multiple runners on base, and all we saw on the broadcast was the Chippewa pitcher backing up home plate.  It was literally the only place on the field where there WASN'T any action on the play. 🫣

• Upvote 1

I believe he was on- site today in preparation. He said JLJ was the crown jewel it always has been!!

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

I thought Jeff did a fantastic job on play-by-play.

Sorry; not sorry.

For the record, I didn't comment on the quality of his broadcast other than to say I found him low energy.  One could say the same thing about Jack Buck who always did a fantastic job and was one of my favorites.  Pat Summerall would also fit that description.

If your issue is with TMH I'll let you two duke it out.  I think Jeff does a fine job as well.

And yes, the camera work is atrocious. 

17 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

If your issue is with TMH I'll let you two duke it out.  I think Jeff does a fine job as well.

And yes, the camera work is atrocious. 

No reason to duke it out with me!! As I said, I enjoy Jeff’s broadcasts!!

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

No reason to duke it out with me!! As I said, I enjoy Jeff’s broadcasts!!

I thought the same thing about myself 🤔

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I thought the same thing about myself 🤔

I agree . . . 

• Haha 1

Back on topic - I look forward to hearing Dave Garrett on the broadcast again. I love Adam's broadcasts, but it will be fun to hear Dave again for old time's sake. 

27 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Back on topic - I look forward to hearing Dave Garrett on the broadcast again. I love Adam's broadcasts, but it will be fun to hear Dave again for old time's sake. 

I agree!!!!

• Like 1

ECHO-Echo-echo....

• Haha 1

I’m not on FB. Is Dave Garrett doing both games today?

No he isn’t 

Dave didn't do the broadcast, but he posted a photo from inside the booth yesterday, so he must have been there doing something else. Maybe PA announcer.