Omaha 78 ORU 87

Bogus Smith

The Ladies played tough all night long against a team that was not easy to get away from.  Good balanced scoring with a double-double from Udoumoh and 21 points from Hannah Cooper.  Everyone should be happy with the direction the women's program is going.  Next year will only be better.

• Upvote 1

They did a really good job. They never gave up! Omaha has some amazing 3-point shooters, and they are big and TOUGH under the basket and on defense in general; lots of players fell on the floor (got knocked down) multiple times last night. I'm especially impressed with Jalei Oglesby and Gentry Baldwin. They are FEARLESS and RELENTLESS. They are sparkplugs! When they're on court, the energy level of this team explodes. I hope we can hold onto them next season. Robinson and Weinrich? Oh my goodness!!

My wife and I really enjoyed our experience at the MC last night. The ORU women put on a clinic for how to close out a game. Maybe the men's basketball team should watch the video of the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I really enjoyed our experience at the MC last night. The ORU women put on a clinic for how to close out a game. Maybe the men's basketball team should watch the video of the 4th quarter.

Today, the ORU women demonstrated a fail-safe way to close out a game: Build a double-digit lead in the first 10 minutes and maintain a double-digit lead throughout the rest of the game. ORU was tied with South Dakota for 3rd place in the Summit League, but today they were definitely the dominant team. These ladies have true grit. 

• Like 1