MSU at ORU

Texasgrip

2nd pitch - hit batter

4th pitch - 2 run jack. 
ORU 0-2 MSU top 1st no outs. 

Nothing to see here…move along, move along. 

I thought I heard Adam say this weekend tha Caravalho was injured but I may have misunderstood.

Apart from the first game of the season the Eags seem to be struggling to get much of anything going so far.

19 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Apart from the first game of the season the Eags seem to be struggling to get much of anything going so far.

I’m happy to say, I stand corrected!!!

Took advantage of perfect weather to take in today’s game. The big freshman starter failed to get out of the first inning, and the hitters started pressing as you might imagine after falling behind yet again before getting to bat. 

The good news is the new guys look the part, particularly in the field. Just need to get some quality innings out of the pitching staff while the hitters find their way. 

I have no idea how many games this team will ultimately win this season, but I would be willing to bet money they will eventually come around. Just a lot of moving parts right now with so many new faces on the pitching staff and in the batting order.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, ORob2 said:

I'm a little surprised Caravalho didn't get the start today...

Josh has a nagging issue that was going to keep him out of the first couple of weeks in the season.  I would expect him to be the Sunday or mid-week starter when he is available.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

That's 41 runs given up by our pitching staff in four games......just sayin'......👎

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's 41 runs given up by our pitching staff in four games......just sayin'......👎

Our team ERA is 10.25.....good for #250 out of 282 D-1 schools.  We got nowhere to go but down (in E.R.A., that is).

• Upvote 3

Down to 7.57 after the sweep. 

• Upvote 3