Heading to Omaha

Keenan Henderson

ORU heads to Omaha to take on the ORU north coaching staff.  They have beaten the Mavs 13 out of 14 and 9 in a row, which is the Eagles best record vs any other Summit League team in that span.  Any hope the streak continues?  Or does the old saying go: nobody beats Omaha 10 times in a row! 😁

• Haha 1

Hard to believe that our buddy Keenan started this thread on Monday and zero responses until now......This season has really gone into the toilet and everyone including TheEagleman has clearly lost interest....it's very sad because honestly I had high hopes....was not expecting 30-6 but I really thought this would be a team close to 20 wins  and a top four squad in the Summit League.....so hence the extreme disappointment....plus the inconsistent effort has been shocking.....Mavs are a 3.5 point favorite tonight and frankly i am surprised its not higher....but Omaha has also lost 3 of their last 4 and are only 13-15.....ORU has lost 4 in a row and I see no reason to even think they can break that streak because we are terrible on the road.....we are playing poorly and the effort has been even worse.....for those looking to have some fun TheEagleman would suggest taking the home team and Under 154.5......the end can't come soon enough.....its been very painful the past 6 weeks.......and I am hurting..................... Omaha 73  ORU 66......ouch! 😬😥🙏

• Upvote 1

Whether they win or lose or whatever the score is, just hope the Eagles show some life, energy and confidence.  I know they have not played very well but there are still 3 games left to show some improvement.  At least maybe Coach will let some of the new/young guys play if things head south in the first half. 

I tell myself to just enjoy the end of DJ and Kareem's strong careers no matter what happens!  These guys are still a part of the team that turned ORU around and went on the special Sweet 16 run.  It is hard to believe that the Eagles still have 2 players left over from then.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It was 41-41 last time I checked.

ORU showed some fight and energy losing 71-70.  The Eagles came out strong: passing the ball, rebounding and building a 21-13 lead with about 10 minutes to go.  Then the old habits came back: unable to defend the post, struggling with rebounding and too much one on one driving.  Overall, there was some improvement and DJ Weaver had a solid night.  Maybe something to build on.

Glad you are happy, brother....but we still lost...5 in a row now....on to USD on Saturday afternoon....let's hope for a better result...🙏

Not really happy but at least the Eagles did not throw in the towel tonight.  Of course we all want to win but they did show some energy tonight.  I guess it has come down to being ok with a competative loss instead of getting blown out in the first half.

At least Coach Crutchfield, Warren Niles and company have improved in year 2 at Omaha.  I know it is hard right now but better days will come to ORU basketball and Coach Springmann.  It is just difficult being patient with the process.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I know it is hard right now but better days will come to ORU basketball and Coach Springmann.  It is just difficult being patient with the process.

@theeagleman5 It’s kinda like when I watched the Cowboys put up a 1-15 record in 1989. Look, it was a rough stretch. But I stuck with them. And soon, that same group would win THREE SUPERBOWLS IN FOUR YEARS! I know as an Eagles fan you can’t relate since the Eagles have only won one SuperBowl in all their years  as a franchise, but believe me; it makes the tough times worth it. 😆

• Haha 4

So how have the past 27 seasons worked out for ya???....Image result for jerry jones drinking images

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

So how have the past 27 seasons worked out for ya???....CBR.jpeg.5418415efc7ca046e64d39e685702285.jpeg

Boys put them 5 talents to use and they continue to payoff! No use in burying the ONE talent. Go Eags!

Look, if you are talking football in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania you begin and end with the Steelers.  As a matter of fact, the Steelers also own the Cowboys.  How many times have the Steelers beaten the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Finally, when you guys get six rings, let me know.  Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio was where the game began around all those coal mining and steel mill towns.  That is why the HOF is in Canton.

• Upvote 2

When the Cowboys get a 6th ring (if ever)...TheEagleman will be long dead and gone...ain't happening any time soon...still praying that Mr. J. Jones lives to be 110.....  Image result for jerry jones drinking images    P.S.....please take note of the date/year of that last ring......1995...some on this board were not even born yet......