Most Disappointing Teams 2024

Old Titan

Most Disappointing Team 2024  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has to date suffered the most disappointing season, in terms of preseason expectations?

• Indiana
    • UCLA
    • St. John's
    • Memphis
    • Wichita State
    • Tulsa
    • Oral Roberts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/23/2024 at 05:59 AM

My point being:  in this time of massive roster turnover from season to season, it seems like there are a LOT of teams that either looked better on paper in October than they really are, or have simply failed to jell as cohesive units.

Or both.

Sure makes for a lot of disgruntled fans and frustrated coaches...

I'm sure many other coaches of less-than-impressive squads may be thinking the same thing:

It gets worse... 😲

...and even worse... 😬

• Like 1

Great post, OT. Helps keep things in perspective. I think it's been a weird season even in the power conferences.

(BTW, I voted Wichita State in the poll, because I don't think fans in any other program are losing years off their lives with a losing season the way Shocker fans are. 😁)

This poll misses one of the most obvious and my write in vote:

Top 10 Pre-season & Final 8 last year but will probably miss the tourney at 16-9 overall, 5-7 in conference and in a 3-way tie for 9th! (with 6 games left including at Kansas, at TX tech and at Baylor)

Texas! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2024 at 6:17 PM, ORU40 said:

This poll misses one of the most obvious and my write in vote:

Top 10 Pre-season & Final 8 last year but will probably miss the tourney at 16-9 overall, 5-7 in conference and in a 3-way tie for 9th! (with 6 games left including at Kansas, at TX tech and at Baylor)

Texas! 

Despite a provable setback tonight at Baylor, the Longhorns may have played their way into the big dance, barring a total collapse this next week and in the Big XII tourney. 

Texas is now in 8th place in the conference at 8-9 and 19-11 overall, OU beats Cincinnati tonight at home and they go to 8-9 & 20-10 and tied for 8th and they play each other in the last regular season game of the year. I think whoever wins that game is in good shape and a win or 2 in the Big 12 tourney would lock up a tourney spot, whoever loses will definitely need a tourney win or 2 and hope 9 teams from the big 12 get in. 9th place at 8-10 & 19-13 probably gets left out. Going to be a huge game between the Longhorns and the Sooners in Austin on Saturday! 

• 2 weeks later...