Coach Springman

ORUTerry

Thought this was important enough to earn its own thread. It’s good to see HCRS speak from his heart. He is a first year head coach and has had some missteps, which is to be expected. But this team is mentally tough and hopefully will peak as we get closer to March. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I LOVE this kind of approach from HCRS. Combined with his uptick of enthusiasm on the sidelines and the intensity and teamwork the team is starting to display, this

year could lead to a successful ending. HUge road trip coming up. Let's go ORU blue. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

THIS ^^^* is EXACTLY what I was trying to articulate @ORUTerry when we spoke Saturday night.

THIS is what should be shared with recruits, and their families, and their relatives, and their coaches, before ANY discussion of NIL, or summer jobs, or playing time, or practice facilities, or majors offered, etc.

THIS is where ORU has something to offer that VERY FEW schools do:  “Young man, are you interested in joining us for the JOURNEY OF YOUR LIFE?”  #followme

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

TheEagleman loves this guy!!! 😍

• Like 1

It seems like more than “coach-speak” to me.  It is better to have a coach who truly believes in the value and vision of ORU because they will be more able to enthusiastically recruit to ORU.

For fair balance, I also believe that Paul Mills believed in the value and vision of ORU as well.  He just pursued an opportunity that he felt he couldn’t turn down after having 2 recent NCAA tournament appearances.

• Upvote 4

Sorry Jason....Springmann exudes sincerity...Mills exudes BS...and how is that Wichita State thing working out??? :hc_mills:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

THIS ^^^* is EXACTLY what I was trying to articulate @ORUTerry when we spoke Saturday night.

THIS is what should be shared with recruits, and their families, and their relatives, and their coaches, before ANY discussion of NIL, or summer jobs, or playing time, or practice facilities, or majors offered, etc.

THIS is where ORU has something to offer that VERY FEW schools do:  “Young man, are you interested in joining us for the JOURNEY OF YOUR LIFE?”  #followme

I like Mills to a point but Springman is in a league of his own! Just talk with him for a few minutes and you will see that he exudes sincerity and integrity! He is a rare breed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3