A couple of miscellaneous observations.

tmh8286

As Caleb battles it out with Nick Fazekas of Nevada over who will be the top active scorer in the nation, Nick was temporarily taken out of the contest (two games) with a rolled ankle he got when he came down on a teammate's shoe.  That got me to thinking about what a durable player Caleb has been over his four years at ORU.  I am unable to think of a time in his tenure that he's been sidelined because of injury - can anybody else think of one?  considering the beating he gets, game after game, that's pretty remarkable. 

I've been wanting to post that for some time, but I was afraid that I would jinx him.  However, I decided that I'm not going to allow myself to be superstitious, so I said it.  Knock on wood.

I overheard a couple of people talking at the last home game about what a high percentage of Caleb's scoring comes from the free throw line.  They didn't know what that percentage was, but they knew it was high.  That prompted me to do the following calculation:

Caleb's Career points - 2128

Career FT's - 709

Percent of scoring from free throws 33.3%

I'd be curious to know if there are any active players with a higher percentage of their career points coming from the line.

The above calculation got me to looking at what portion of ORU's scoring comes from Caleb.

Total team points this season - 1115

Total points this season, Caleb - 323

Percentage of points scored by Caleb - 28.9%

Total points scored by Caleb and Ken - 582

Percentage of points scored by Caleb and Ken - 52.2%

TU lost last night to Marshall, on the road, 65-53.  They are now 0-4 on the road.

Even though our RPI dropped eight spots yesterday, at 108 we remain Tulsa's best win of the season.  Next best - Jackson St. (136).

I just got a vision of Oral locked up in the prayer tower and the entire ORU student body gathered and circled around the tower screaming WE ARE...ORU!