North Dakota

Keenan Henderson

Eagles head up north to take on the fighting hawks.  North Dakota has been all over the map this season: started out well, then lost 6 in a row, but just beat KC on the road by double digits.  Which Hawks team will show and which ORU team will show?  One never knows!

After the St. Thomas game TheEagleman has just lost all confidence in this team....no clue how they are going to play from night to night anymore.....the only thing consistent about this ORU squad is their inconsistency.....but UND really stinks....they had a good run back in November but since then just terrible....no idea how they won by double digits at Kansas City....still I just can't pick these Golden Eagles to go up to North Dakota and win either game this weekend....i guess if they are going to split the Fighting Hawks would be the team we are most likely to handle.....it's the battle of the Birds....TheEagleman has to watch more film before making a prediction.....guessing UND will be a very slight favorite.....could be a point or two either way.......geez ORU needs a win in Bismark.....i think they are in Bismark, right?  no matter its gotta be bitterly cold.....ouch! 🥶

On second thought....TheEagleman doesn't need to watch any film....as I said, I just can't trust this team and have no faith they can win either contest in North Dakota...this will be an ugly affair between two mediocre at best squads.....the Fighting Hawks are home and if they have any fight in them they will win....not even sure our Golden Eagles want to make the trip.....UND  77  ORU 74   🥶👎🥶

UND likes to shoot the 3s but they do not make many (31 percent).  If ORU can defend the 3s then they should have a chance.  The Eagles need to win this game because NDSU is waiting and pretty sure they remember getting blown out by the Eagles 3 times last year.  Bison will want some payback.

Cut me a break....It's been a very tough week for TheEagleman...........image.png.c9eb1349045d805ec7608652f69d1411.png         🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It wouldn’t surprise me either way if the Eagles win both games, lose both games or split. Unless certain things change immediately like rebounding and hustle the rest of the season will be mediocre at best.  Hopefully Springman gave the players a wake up call and he is making some adjustments.

• Upvote 3

TheEagleman apologizes for being miserable this week.....probably just the brutal cold weather and the poor performances from my favorite teams.....honestly i do think that the Good Guys have a shot to win tonight in Grand Forks and a victory sure would lift my spirits....ORU is a 1.5 pt favorite on the road.....Vegas still has faith in us so maybe TheEagleman should also.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 1

As others have said, it depends on which team (ORU or North Dakota) shows up. North Dakota is 1-3 in conference play - losing to St. Thomas at home (45-70), at SDSU (61-80) and at Omaha (61-79) while winning at KC (82-69). The Fighting Hawks shot well in their recent win at KC (7/16 from three) and only committed 7 turnovers. Omot (6'8" sophomore) is their main offensive weapon. I assume that Thompson will get that defensive assignment.

ORU needs to play with effort and intensity on defense and grab rebounds on both sides of the court. I suspect that we will continue to focus less on three-pointers and get the ball inside or drive to the basket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Omot (6'8" sophomore) is their main offensive weapon. I assume that Thompson will get that defensive assignment.

The Eaglestaff kid is a problem too...

This team couldn’t guard an empty chair

• Like 1

I have watched only the first 4 minutes of the second half and it is just more of the same. There is NOBODY blocking out. Sorry to shout. But this is very hard to watch. 

• Upvote 2

North Dakota outhustled, outrebounded, and outplayed ORU.  The Hawks just looked like they wanted it more.  I just do not see the fight, passion, and work from the Eagles to win many league games.  They just seem like they are content to hope some made 3s will mask all the other issues.  Sorry it won't .  It will be a long year for ORU at this pace.

• Upvote 1

Sigh.......😪

• Like 1

ORU's frontcourt was outrebounded by UND's frontcourt 30-3!  I cannot ever remember a stat like that in college basketball.  It is just unheard of.  Yes teams bigs get outrebounded but 30-3.  No words for that.  Put Trey at center, at least he will fight, scrap and give it his all.  He may give up 8 inches but at least Trey tries.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dave said:

I have watched only the first 4 minutes of the second half and it is just more of the same. There is NOBODY blocking out. Sorry to shout. But this is very hard to watch. 

That wasn't really shouting - I'd call that more like posting emphatically!!😉 I think we all feel like shouting right about now . . .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1