Three 1000 Points Scorers this Season

ORUSwagger

Hey All,

Kareem, Isaac, & Hannah have hit this great milestone for the 23-24 season!

Still lots of ball to play!

• Like 1

DJ Weaver also made the club earlier in the season.

54 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Lol.  Ya'll don't take FlightCrew's bait...😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

He did? I didn’t see anything from ORU Basketball FB page. I’ll look again. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

According to ESPN, Weaver sits at 792 points during his entire ORU Career. Last year he had a total of 224 points and 250 the year before that and 173 the year before he made 173. He is at 140 ish so far this season.

7 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Lol.  Ya'll don't take FlightCrew's bait...😉

Hahahaha. You remember my previous name. Remember my first name? 

I feel like I'm breaking up a fight on the playground, but here goes:

• D.J. played his freshman year in 2018-19, and redshirted in 2019-20 due to injury. 
  • With his COVID year, he's played four seasons (including this one) since then.
  • For whatever reason, ESPN only lists the most recent four seasons in their bio for him. 
  • Here are his actual stats for his career, showing he has scored 1104 points to date:

ScreenShot2024-01-16at12_09_29AM.thumb.png.155123fcec268a7b7be7dacdd4b98ad5.png

Moral to the story:  since all those firings by parent company Disney, ESPN is about as reliable as Wikipedia (less so?) when it comes to actual facts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Old Titan Thanks for the stats and witty response. 

The post was based off what ORU Athletics Marketing Team posted in the 23-24 Season on the ORU Basketball Facebook Page. I looked a few times for Weavers graphic in the 23-24 time frame and didn’t see it.

Also, when looking through the main athletics website page, I don’t see an article mentioning Weavers 1000.

I’ll check Facebook again.

JS

• 1 month later...

It has been awhile since we talked about this subject but with 3 men this year joining the 1,000 point club, that now makes 40 all time.  After game 30 tonight of the season, McBride has just passed Obi Emegano on the list, DJ just passed Arnold Duggar, and Kareem just passed Clifford Crenshaw.  These names might bring up some old memories.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Geez....DJ Weaver or Arnold Dugger??...tough choice there......might remind you that Dugger (ORU HOF) only played 2 years at ORU while Weaver has played like 9.....so chew on that......and Thompson has been at 7777 So. Lewis since about 2010 also but TheEagleman does love his heart and grit......we will miss him next year.....but time for Kareem to get on with his life.....anybody know what he wants to do after college?.....:tb-white:

Kareem played his first game way back in 2020 vs Missouri.  He had 9 points and 4 rebounds.  KT will play his 125 game tonight and DJ will play his 155, so 280 combined!

• Like 1