ORU 91 So. Dakota 78

theeagleman5

ORU Ladies win 6th in a row.....now 12-4(3-0)...Jones with 37 and Cooper 17......this team is on fire!!  :shield-logo:

• Like 1

And to think that we beat them on their court for the first time since 2011-12! This is progress. And Jones with 37? Unreal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I met Jones at the preseason Courtside Countdown dinner. She is a bright, engaging young woman who transferred from UT-Arlington; she played high basketball at Broken Arrow. A coach told me she was a great shooter/scorer - and he was right!

• Like 1

I watched portions of the women's game on my phone while watching the men on my monitor.  Taleyah was unconscious from beyond the arc, nailing five of seven shots.  It was obvious that she was in the ZONE.

As a team, ORU shot 47.6% (10-21) from three, compared to a season average of 29.5% coming into the game. 💥

• Upvote 2

So impressed with what Coach Musick has done so far with the women's program, especially after cleaning house following last season.  They play hard and fast, and finish STRONG in the fourth quarter.  

That's back-to-back wins over the vaunted Lady Coyotes dating back to the stunning tournament semifinal victory in Sioux Falls, and to read some of the stuff on Twitter last night after the game, you would think the sky was falling in Vermillion from this latest loss.  Their head coach was doing some soul-searching in her post-game comments:

"Our coaching staff is going to have to reevaluate what we've done over the last 17 games...you have a couple of big conference home losses that really hurt and now you're going back to the, not back to the drawing board, but back to just reevaluating at a high level like ‘Are we doing the right thing?'."

LOL - nothing like beating a rival in such a frustrating way that you have them contemplating their very existence! 🤔😄

Congrats to HCKM and the ladies - great start to the conference season!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5