Nick Saban out at Alabama

Texasgrip

Saban just announced his retirement quit at Alabama. I knew he was terrified of Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC, but this is still surprising. Guess he wanted to go out (almost) on top.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Good time to get out with the headaches that the NIL has created.

On 1/10/2024 at 5:23 PM, Texasgrip said:

Saban just announced his retirement quit at Alabama. I knew he was terrified of Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC, but this is still surprising. Guess he wanted to go out (almost) on top.

Fake news Grippie. OU & Texas are scared of Saban. Now he is Retired so they were scared. Texas beat them in a close one but Bama was the better team. 

Venables & Sark will never come close to what Saban accomplished. 

Ncaa Football GIF by SEC Network

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

stripes lighten GIF

Does anyone who actually knows you call you Grippie?  Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 11:05 PM, Texasgrip said:

stripes lighten GIF

Will do man….😂

On 1/10/2024 at 5:23 PM, Texasgrip said:

Not so sure he was terrified of anyone, but the timing of his departure iss puzzling.  Sudden, no hints, no successor in the wings.  It smacks of someone who was ticked-off about something.  The rumors around Tuscaloosa are that he was frustrated with the school's NIL efforts to date; didn't feel like they were competitive nationally.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Not so sure he was terrified of anyone, but the timing of his departure iss puzzling.  Sudden, no hints, no successor in the wings.  It smacks of someone who was ticked-off about something.  The rumors around Tuscaloosa are that he was frustrated with the school's NIL efforts to date; didn't feel like they were competitive nationally.

I know tone doesn't translate here. I was, of course, being facetious.

But yes, Tommy Tuberville was recently asked about Saban's departure, and he said Saban was extremely frustrated with NIL, transfer portal,  and the collegiate sports landscape as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

But yes, Tommy Tuberville was recently asked about Saban's departure, and he said Saban was extremely frustrated with NIL, transfer portal,  and the collegiate sports landscape as a whole.

Just like the rest of us old-timers. 🙄

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

I know tone doesn't translate here. I was, of course, being facetious.

My bad!

FUN FACT:  "facetious" is the only word in the English language with one of every vowel, all in order.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but that's just the kind of stuff that clutters my brain these days instead of things that might actually matter, like phone numbers and website passwords. 👴

• Like 4