Mid season thoughts

Keenan Henderson

We are basically half way through the season, hard to believe.   What are your thoughts on the basketball team: who are the big surprise players, how is Coach Springmann doing, is this the record you thought ORU would have, etc.  What do they need to improve on to make a run in March?

How about Coach Springmann figuring out the critical spot to call a TIME OUT???....If Otis and TheEagleman know it....surely Coach has to know it....right???......image.png.c61ab5b34fe7824521ea71fdff878699.png

• Like 2

Springmann is learning as he goes and will improve on those timing issues as he progresses. 

My biggest surprise/challenge was the way the Demari Williams situation went down.  He was already to come back, in his warm ups before the Tulsa game and then all of a sudden he was gone for the year.  Yes things happen and no one is to blame but I think we can have really used him in the first half of the season.  Williams is somewhat similar to Kareem: good size, can defend multiple positions, and has a good mid range game.  Not exactly like Kareem but he would have given Thompson some help at the forward position.  

I like Springmann, and believe he can(is)be the right coach for us, but to say he’s still learning is interesting to me. He’s been coaching since the 90s, spent 15+ years at Texas, so while learning the players and lineups may take time, daily Xs and Os and situational management should be there. I’m not saying it isn’t, but that shouldn’t be an area of growth (IMHO). I think he’s doing fine however.

6 hours ago, Ting said:

What is the official word/status on Demari?

He had knee surgery recently and is out for the season 

• Thanks 1