Blast from the past

titansforever

An update on Rotnei. 

State's career scoring leader retires from pro basketball

• BARRY LEWIS
    Tulsa World

Verdigris graduate Rotnei Clarke, Oklahoma high school basketball's career scoring leader, has retired as a player after 10 pro seasons.

"My body was wearing down and I felt it was the right time," Clarke said.

Clarke, 34, scored 3,758 points in four seasons at Verdigris, capped by winning a state title in 2008. He was the World's three time Metro player of the year.

Clarke added 1,864 points during his college career as he played his first three seasons at Arkansas before transferring to Butler, where he had a career-best 16.9 scoring average and led the Bulldogs to the second round of the 2013 NCAA Tournament.

His pro career included stints in Australia, Belgium, Germany and ended in Italy.

Clarke is now living in Stillwater, where he is starting a new career as a State Farm Insurance agent. A ribbon-cutting ceremony for his new office was held last Wednesday.

"I had this great opportunity and with my kids getting older this was a good time to settle down," Clarke said. "And it gives me a chance to cheer on Keiton and OSU."

Clarke is referring to his long time friend Keiton Page, who is an OSU assistant coach. Clarke and Page were the World's co-state players of the year in '08. Page is No. 2 on the state high school all time scoring list and their chase for the record captivated basketball fans during their careers.

• Like 1

Just an unsolicited comment from TheEagleman who has been in the Insurance busines as an Underwriter for the past 47 years.....I wouldn't insure my cat with State Farm....but it's probably the perfect company for this clownshow.....Just sayin'.....🤢

This thread belongs in the "NCCA and Summit" forum, not "ORU Men's Basketball".

Which has nothing to do with friend-of-the-forum titansforever and has EVERYTHING to do with HWSNBN. (Google it)

• Haha 1

Understood! Will the "monitor" please remove/move it?

2 hours ago, titansforever said:

An update on Rotnei. 

State's career scoring leader retires from pro basketball

• BARRY LEWIS
    Tulsa World

Verdigris graduate Rotnei Clarke, Oklahoma high school basketball's career scoring leader, has retired as a player after 10 pro seasons.

"My body was wearing down and I felt it was the right time," Clarke said.

Clarke, 34, scored 3,758 points in four seasons at Verdigris, capped by winning a state title in 2008. He was the World's three time Metro player of the year.

Clarke added 1,864 points during his college career as he played his first three seasons at Arkansas before transferring to Butler, where he had a career-best 16.9 scoring average and led the Bulldogs to the second round of the 2013 NCAA Tournament.

His pro career included stints in Australia, Belgium, Germany and ended in Italy.

Clarke is now living in Stillwater, where he is starting a new career as a State Farm Insurance agent. A ribbon-cutting ceremony for his new office was held last Wednesday.

"I had this great opportunity and with my kids getting older this was a good time to settle down," Clarke said. "And it gives me a chance to cheer on Keiton and OSU."

Clarke is referring to his long time friend Keiton Page, who is an OSU assistant coach. Clarke and Page were the World's co-state players of the year in '08. Page is No. 2 on the state high school all time scoring list and their chase for the record captivated basketball fans during their careers.

Happy to see this post, titansforever!! Incredibly, I was thinking about HWSNBN recently, and meant to see what I could find about him, but never got around to it. I thought about asking about him on the board, but was afraid of getting virtual rocks thrown at me!! Glad to get an update and remain unscathed!!

Yeh I know I am going into the weeds with this one, but State Farm in the legal community is also known as "State Fraud".  

18 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I thought about asking about him on the board, but was afraid of getting virtual rocks thrown at me!! Glad to get an update and remain unscathed!!

Am I really that bad??   #askingforafriend 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 1:21 PM, Old Titan said:

Am I really that bad??   #askingforafriend 🤣

Season 4 No GIF by The Office