Coaches Show

Otis 83

Had some time to myself this morning and thought I would watch the latest basketball coaches show.  I went to the ORU Sports Network on my phone (app), Roku app and to the internet and the most recent show I could find was from December before Christmas.  Has there been a show since then?  If so, where can I find the coaches show within a day or two of the recording?  Thanks.

Adam said because of the travel and holidays the coaches show will return on Tuesday January 9th at noon.  Then for the rest of the season it will be on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Adam said because of the travel and holidays the coaches show will return on Tuesday January 9th at noon.  Then for the rest of the season it will be on Tuesday.

Thanks Keenan.

Maybe Paul Mills will make a guest appearance.....not!! 😜

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to watch yesterday's ORU Coaches Show on the ORU Sports Network, but it said the video was not available. Did the show happen yesterday?

I watched it live; it was pretty good.  Kelsi Musick was cute as a button.  I guess winning has that affect on folks; poor HCRS looked like a couple of miles of bad road. 🤭

I made a call to the powers-that-be re: the technical difficulties; the usual suspects reportedly will be looking into it.

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I made a call to the powers-that-be re: the technical difficulties; the usual suspects reportedly will be looking into it.

Thank you for following up with a phone call. I'll keep checking occasionally.

Coach Springmann has not been on the show since last year (Dec. 2023)  They had a really interesting interview with Francis Lacis and E-man the last couple of weeks in his place.  Francis is trying to qualify for the Olympics this year in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament for his country.   He also mentions that he and Carlos Jurgens still talk regularly.

• Like 2

Anybody else having any luck tuning into the Jan. 30 coaches show? 

It's several minutes past noon and nothing is playing so far... 🤔

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Anybody else having any luck tuning into the Jan. 30 coaches show? 

It's several minutes past noon and nothing is playing so far... 🤔

Finally started playing about 12:10pm....but with no audio. 🤬

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Finally started playing about 12:10pm....but with no audio. 🤬

UPDATE:  audio kicks in at 12:18pm, just in time for commercials, then fades out AGAIN as they come back from the break.  FINALLY starts working properly at 12:21pm.

5 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I guess you will just have to start going to Waldo's.

Tempting...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone watching the latest coaching show?  Maybe interest is lost at this point.  Springmann makes some general observations:

He is playing Kareem and McBride too much and they seem really out of steam but then he acts like he just cannot take them out.

He says ORU has talent but is unsure why it has not clicked yet.  He has talked to players and coaches and no one can figure this out.

He still thinks the Eagles can win 3 (maybe 4) games in the Summit League tournament and make the Big Dance.

He said McBride is willing to do whatever it takes to win and has really improved throughout the season.

• Like 1

Love HCRS but what is he smokin'???.....😵‍💫😬🤪

15 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Love HCRS but what is he smokin'???.....😵‍💫😬🤪

I’m glad you are not the HC for ORUMBB.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:41 PM, Old Titan said:

Tempting...

Waldo’s is building one in NW Arkansas.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2024 at 7:16 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

Coach Springmann has not been on the show since last year (Dec. 2023)  They had a really interesting interview with Francis Lacis and E-man the last couple of weeks in his place.  Francis is trying to qualify for the Olympics this year in a 3 on 3 basketball tournament for his country.   He also mentions that he and Carlos Jurgens still talk regularly.

Congratulations to Francis!  This news deserves it own thread once the Paris Olympics grow closer...

• Upvote 3

Memory like a steel trap, pulling that reference from January. NOT EVEN the tiniest tidbit of information about ORUMBB escapes your mind's grip!!

Cat Memory GIF