Q&A with Moses Ehambe - Tulsa World (1-8-2007)

ORUTerry

Q&A with Moses Ehambe

by MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

1/8/2007

Moses Ehambe

Position: Guard/forward

Grade: Junior

Height: 6-6

Weight: 215

Did you get to kiss the queen when you were prom king at your high school (Mansfield Summit in Arlington, Texas)?

We joked about it (the queen and I), but we never did it. Carly Harris. A pretty girl. She actually got married this summer, in Arlington. ... I grew up with her since the second grade.

Can you tell a little about your family?

My father and mother (Fariala and Lufile Ehambe) are from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (formerly Zaire, in central Africa). Both were born there. They came to the States in the early '80s and my dad attended Christ of the Nations Institute in Dallas.

With your Christian background, were your parents excited that you chose ORU?

A friend of the family -- a prophet and a real strong woman of God -- told my parents that I was going to attend Oral Roberts University. That was before I knew anything about ORU. After my last (high school) season, I went to an invitational tournament for unsigned seniors. I was knocking down all my 3-pointers and (ORU's coaches) were there to see it, and that's when they asked me to come over here.