ORU Notebook - Tulsa World (1-5-2007)

ORUTerry

ORU Notebook

by MIKE BROWN World Sports Writer

1/5/2007

At the top:  ORU senior Caleb Green became the NCAA's active career scoring leader with 70 points in three games at the Brigham Young Holiday Classic last weekend.

With 22 against WIU, Green has 2,114 points -- 30 ahead of Nevada's Nick Fazekas (2,084), whose next game is Saturday. Green ranks second to Fazekas in career rebounds with 1,017. Fazekas has 1,061.

TV time: Saturday's ORU-Valparaiso games are the first of four for the ORU men and two for the women to be televised this season.

KWHB-7 / 47 will air Saturday's games, starting with the women's tipoff at 12:05 p.m.

Metro Sports of Kansas City will produce ORU's men's games against Missouri-Kansas City, and Cox Cable is tentatively scheduled to pick up both games for local broadcast.

Show stopper: That's the only way to describe Kelvin Sango's electrifying baseline drive and two-fisted power dunk on WIU's Troy Okeson with 11:30 left.

"(Sango) brought so much enthusiasm to the game with that play," said junior Moses Ehambe. "Coach Sutton always talks about driving the baseline so you can kick it to the opposite side. I thought he was going to kick it, but he went up and just rocked it. I was happy for him."

Last stop: Valparaiso's Saturday visit to the Mabee Center will be its last before joining the Horizon League next year. The Crusaders have never beaten ORU in Tulsa, losing 11 straight times.

"Valpo is always a great home game, and I'm disappointed the students won't be here . . . It's still Valpo vs. ORU, and I know our kids will be excited," coach Scott Sutton said.