ORU- Texas AM

eagle88

I know nothing about A+M other than they are ranked #13 in the nation. This alone tells me enough considering what we are dealing with. Hopefully we don't get embarrassed too badly and at the very least play a competitive game with lots of effort and hustle! On a brighter note I watched Max play last night on the LHN against Rice. He played a solid game with 13 points, 4 rebound and 3 assists. They showed he is preseason All Big 12. Wouldn't it be great to see Max compete for the national title this year. Texas looks good and seems to have a lot of key pieces including depth.

Texas AM is a very sound team that plays tough hard nosed defense.  They have good guard play and really their only weakness is sometimes they struggle with shooting.  This should be the best team ORU plays all season and the Aggies could be a Final Four team.   ORU may lose by 25 plus.

Aggies already beat Ohio State and SMU on the road, so early on they have been battle tested.

• Upvote 1

This game in College Station could be a flashback some of the results we experienced at the end of the Sutton Era and beginning of the Mills regime....TheEagleman expects the Aggies to be favored by close to 20 or more.....won't be pretty and TheEagleman won't be able to watch due to funeral services for my 92 year old Mom who went home to be with the Lord a week ago today......my mom is the reason I wound up at ORU.....she was a loyal watcher/supporter of OR back in the late 60's and 70's and watched his quarterly prime time specials religiously.....one night in the fall of 1971 Oral mentioned he was having a weekend for prospective students at his fledgling university in Tulsa, OKLA.  so mom and dad scraped together $115 for a round trip airline ticket from Philadelphia....the rest is history.......God Bless Mom and God Bless ORU......maybe mom can put in a good word for us with the Lord tomorrow night but it still may not be enough.......Texas A&M 89  ORU 69........GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman won't be able to watch due to funeral services for my 92 year old Mom who went home to be with the Lord a week ago today...

Heartfelt condolences Eagleman on the loss of your dear mom - thinking of you and yours as you celebrate her time on this earth! 🥲 

45 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

This game in College Station could be a flashback some of the results we experienced at the end of the Sutton Era and beginning of the Mills regime....TheEagleman expects the Aggies to be favored by close to 20 or more.....won't be pretty and TheEagleman won't be able to watch due to funeral services for my 92 year old Mom who went home to be with the Lord a week ago today......my mom is the reason I wound up at ORU.....she was a loyal watcher/supporter of OR back in the late 60's and 70's and watched his quarterly prime time specials religiously.....one night in the fall of 1971 Oral mentioned he was having a weekend for prospective students at his fledgling university in Tulsa, OKLA.  so mom and dad scraped together $115 for a round trip airline ticket from Philadelphia....the rest is history.......God Bless Mom and God Bless ORU......maybe mom can put in a good word for us with the Lord tomorrow night but it still may not be enough.......Texas A&M 89  ORU 69........GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

Eagleman really sorry about your loss. Your Mom sounded like a wonderful lady! I lost my Dad this year but the great memories I have with him carry me through every day. I pray peace and the same for you.

53 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

In agreement with OT and 88 in sending condolences and prayers to you and your family in your time of loss, Eagleman. Sounds like your mom was a very special person, and loved the Lord (and her son) with all her heart. Praying her spirit and love live on in those she left behind.

55 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

God's comfort, strength and love to ya during this difficult time🙏💪❤️

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Very sorry for your loss Eagleman and sincere condolences, praying for you and your family during this difficult time. 

Thanks, my friends.....TheEagleman is greatly touched....Mom was a lovely Christian woman....as good a mother as anyone could ask for....so glad she is finally home with Dad and Jesus.....tomorrow will be a great day of celebration with family and friends....God is good....GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Praying for you & your family. It is painful, but we have hope and assurance that she is in a better place  

I lost my father in law in May and my mother in June. They both lived long & fruitful lives and now are celebrating in heaven. 

Condolences to both Eagleman and Terry.

Is anyone going to College Station? Lots of cheap tickets on StubHub. I'm driving back to Austin from Houston Friday afternoon and it's kind of on the way.

• Upvote 2

Eagleman, also sorry for your loss. Our day is coming with three parents still alive. Sounds like your path to ORU was much like mine. Watched every Sunday morning and the specials. Didn't hurt one bit that the Titans played D1 sports. 

• Like 1

Looking at the game tomorrow night man A&M looks like a solid team with 1-2 main offensive threats surrounded by a bunch of guys that hammer the glass to clean up any missed shots. The Golden Eagles will have their hands full on the boards. Let’s hope it’s another opportunity to get better or hey maybe we play the way we all think they can and sneak one out! Either way it’s going to be a dogfight for us. 

Edited by Roll Eags New Era
  • Upvote 1

🙏 sorry for your loss Eagleman, prayers to you and your family. Blessings on your day tomorrow.

Go ORU!

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Thank you for sharing how you wound up at ORU. One of my favorite things about teaching at ORU was finding out how God led each of my students to ORU. 

The Mrs and I send our condolences to you and your family, @theeagleman5. Losing parents is the toughest, but we rejoice with you in your mom’s homegoing.  Praying that your family enjoys the celebration of your mom’s life tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for your loss eagleman 5.  May the God of all comfort, comfort you doing this time and give you his peace.