Girls game last night

Claudia Fan

Anyone have a chance to listen to the girl's game last night at Creighton?

Sounds like that we fought back to make a run at the Lady Jays and just ran out of time.

Did we make it through the game without any injuries?

Noticed that Camargo did not play many minutes.

Thanks in advance!

I tried to listen to the women's game while watching the Cowboys on TV.  Not a good mix, especially with the excitement and double- overtime of the OSU/Pitt game.

I can tell you a little.  We were just getting clobbered in the first half.  Creighton had us doubled up, 42-21, at halftime.  Jenny Hardin struggled through that first half, I think only scoring four points, and she's been one of the top scorers on the team this season.

The second half started off about the same way, with Creighton continuing to open their lead, but ORU started taking off, Hardin's shots started falling, ORU got some breaks, and Turek was just unstoppable.  That was cool, because she had a lot of family and friends there for the game (she's from Iowa, as you probably know).  They just came up a little short.  As we've seen with the men's team, if you get yourself in too deep of a hole early, it's almost impossible to dig your way out.

After the game Coach Fink said that he would be spending time with family in Iowa today - his son is in the Air Force, is stationed in Iowa, and will be receiving a promotion to Lieutenant today, so they'll be there for that.  He said it would have been all the better if they could have won last night's game.

Maybe some others could add a few more details.