A change of plans...

Mike Minyard

Just letting you guys know that I accepted a new job with the ORU athletic department yesterday.  I'm replacing Nick Garner as the ticket sales contact in the marketing department.  I've also been told that I'll work closely with the Golden Eagle Club.  I'm excited about the opportunity to return to ORU.  I believe Nick accepted a job at a different school.  Now I just have to get my stuff back to Tulsa.

That's totally unbelievable, Mike!  What a great job for you to do.  Chad will miss you though.

When that job opened up I was going to try to talk ORUBlue82 into coming back to Tulsa and taking it, but I never got around to talking to him about it :-D

I'm glad you took the job, Mike.  Look forward to seeing you back in Tulsa.

I goofed - I immediately thought Mike was talking Casey's job, even though he said otherwise.  Is Nick leaving too, or just changing positions?  Both guys have done a superb job in their current positions, and I would hate to see them both go.

Both were offered positions with larger institutions. I think Nick is going to OU.  They were both wonderful assets to ORU athletics and will be the same at their new schools.

Actually Casey left to work for his alma mater in Edmond... Central Oklahoma.  I'm pretty sure Nick left for a similar job at OU. Nick just announced his departure this week.  I feel very fortunate to get the job because I know the position would draw many well qualified applicants.  It truely is a great opportunity for me from an athletic administration standpoint.  I believe I offer something unique with my history at ORU.  Also, I am interested to see how my position on the ORU Alumni Board helps in different areas.  Like I said earlier, I'm very excited about the opportunity.  Can't wait to be at the next home game!

The best part about the job will be making fun of our lousy PA announcer!  That's right big boy, I'm coming after you!!!

Way to go, Mike! I know you will do well in your new position.

Congratulations, Mike!!  I, along with a lot of other folks, am sad to see Nick and Casey go, but am happy for them as they further their careers.  Nick and Casey have provided countless hours of dedicated service to the ORU Athletic department and we have lot of thanks to send their way.  They have certainly helped establish a solid foundation for ORU to catapult to the next level.

Mike will definitely be an asset to the organization and, with his enthusiasm for ORU athletics, he will provide some energy and knowledge that will keep the momentum moving forward.  I'm looking forward to working with you, Mikey!!  :-)  Welcome back to THE team.

Congratulations, Mike!!  I, along with a lot of other folks, am sad to see Nick and Casey go, but am happy for them as they further their careers.  Nick and Casey have provided countless hours of dedicated service to the ORU Athletic department and we have lot of thanks to send their way.  They have certainly helped establish a solid foundation for ORU to catapult to the next level.

Mike will definitely be an asset to the organization and, with his enthusiasm for ORU athletics, he will provide some energy and knowledge that will keep the momentum moving forward.  I'm looking forward to working with you, Mikey!!   :-)  Welcome back to THE team.

Ditto.  Ditto.  Ditto.

Welcome home!!!  I look forward to seeing you on campus soon!!!!!!

Guest Rob Marshall

WOW!  Mike, congratulations!  Your passion for ORU athletics will serve you very well and I know you will do a fantastic job.  Best wishes, and I look forward to seeing you back in Tulsa soon.

Happy to see Nick and Casey also get opportunities to move on as well.  Both are quality people who I have always enjoyed interacting with.  Sounds like a WIN WIN WIN!!!  :-D

Perfect timing. I'm single again, as of last week.

Me and Mikey gonna be runnin' the town again!

Young ladies of Tulsa beware!

MC, make sure you don't get our boy on the honor code radar that first week he's employed!  We need him around for a while, you know!  :wink:

Congrats mike, welcome Back.  Does this mean you can't be on the board as much since you're an employee? I'd hate to miss all your insight.  Sure your valuable to the program, but what about us?

Well I'll do my best to post on here, but I'll probably avoid some threads.  Of course I'll be back at the Mabee Center every night so you can just come up and talk to me.  I'm very excited and look forward to getting to know some of you better.  Seriously, I'm counting down the days until I get back to ORU.

Seriously, I'm counting down the days until I get back to ORU.

And when might that be, Mike?  Inquiring minds want to know.

(Someone you know really well came to see me today - in fact they're here right now!)