Stadium Renovations

titansforever

Just amazing....Tim Johnson is AD of the year!!! 🤩

• Upvote 3

I would like to think that we can get 100% participation from all the members of this message board.  Give a sacrificial gift that equates to your love and support for the baseball team and give it cheerfully and generously.  It's not much to ask when you consider the enjoyment that we get out of following our favorite team.  Even our friends from other schools can/should participate as I believe that they have (and are) enjoyed the success of this team in following them through the NCAA tournaments.  I encourage you to act and be a part of something special.  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Fantastic news!  My only hope is that they would increase JLJ's seating capacity to the 4,000 - 5,000 range.  However that appears is not going to happen.

I think parking is another issue. (When is it not?) Right now, most fans have to park in front of the Stovall Center and walk quite a ways to get to JLJ. With so little ground available, though, I don't think that will ever change.

Richard Roberts would beg to differ.... parking was never an issue for him. 😛

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, titansforever said:

I think parking is another issue. (When is it not?) Right now, most fans have to park in front of the Stovall Center and walk quite a ways to get to JLJ. With so little ground available, though, I don't think that will ever change.

Talk about horrible parking - have you ever been to Wrigley Field in Chicago?  Yet the fans find a way to get to the games - walking five or six blocks would be deemed close in Chicago.  While we do not have public transportation like Chicago, I believe that the product that we put on the field is worthly of a short walk.

The Cubs???? HAHAHAHA!!! NOT!!! 🤮

I wish they could figure out a way to bring the seats down to field level, but does not sound like that is in the cards if capacity is not changing.  That would require building new dugouts (actually dug out), moving the fences and pushing the field toward the creek, but I think there is room.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I wish they could figure out a way to bring the seats down to field level, but does not sound like that is in the cards if capacity is not changing.  That would require building new dugouts (actually dug out), moving the fences and pushing the field toward the creek, but I think there is room.

That would be a great idea, @OKC Eagle, but unfortunately it would be cost prohibitive for what you are suggesting.  For the field level experience, what I would like to see is move the visitor's bullpen out past the left field fence (like we have done with the home bullpen) and use the left field line for a "party venue" with bleachers to the back of the space and bistro tables and a flat "milling around" area for fans to get an upfront, closer look at the field level experience.  Oregon had this set up in Eugene and I thought it could fit well within the confines of JLJ (or whatever we are going to call it).

With the renovations, we will lose the Selinger Room, which is the only field level experience we currently have, as they will turn that into something for the players (i.e., pitching lab, hitting center or something).  The may make the space between the stands and the Grand Slam Club room as a grilling/party area as well, which could give us a field-level experience but everything is only speculative at this time.  I don't know that the full design of the renovations is complete.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/29/2023 at 1:00 PM, Bogus Smith said:

That would be a great idea, @OKC Eagle, but unfortunately it would be cost prohibitive for what you are suggesting. For the field level experience, what I would like to see is move the visitor's bullpen out past the left field fence (like we have done with the home bullpen) and use the left field line for a "party venue" with bleachers to the back of the space and bistro tables and a flat "milling around" area for fans to get an upfront, closer look at the field level experience. Oregon had this set up in Eugene and I thought it could fit well within the confines of JLJ (or whatever we are going to call it).

With the renovations, we will lose the Selinger Room, which is the only field level experience we currently have, as they will turn that into something for the players (i.e., pitching lab, hitting center or something).  The may make the space between the stands and the Grand Slam Club room as a grilling/party area as well, which could give us a field-level experience but everything is only speculative at this time.  I don't know that the full design of the renovations is complete.

When I first got season tickets to baseball games, probably in the early 2000s, we used to have access to the Selinger Room, but after a while we didn't, and I've lost track of what the Selinger room has been used for in recent years. What have they been using it for?

Just now, tmh8286 said:

When I first got season tickets to baseball games, probably in the early 2000s, we used to have access to the Selinger Room, but after a while we didn't, and I've lost track of what the Selinger room has been used for in recent years. What have they been using it for?

Special parties usually - company outings and other school events have used that room.  In the offseason, I believe that it is the meeting room for the team that the coaches can get all the players/coaches in the same room.  The GSC room has also been used that way as well.

• Upvote 1