Midco Sports

Sterns78

Not sure where to post this. Wanting to watch the girls soccer home opener tomorrow. Looks like it's $79.99/year to cover all our sports. Right?

We took our grandson to see his first volleyball game, ORU at North Texas. ORU sports are a blast.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sterns78 said:

Not sure where to post this. Wanting to watch the girls soccer home opener tomorrow. Looks like it's $79.99/year to cover all our sports. Right?

We took our grandson to see his first volleyball game, ORU at North Texas. ORU sports are a blast.

Yes, $9.99/month or $79.99 annually.  Hopefully the content will be worth the price.  If you want to see the coaches' shows, games of other SL teams and ORU sports, we really don't have much choice. 

2 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Yes, $9.99/month or $79.99 annually.  Hopefully the content will be worth the price.  If you want to see the coaches' shows, games of other SL teams and ORU sports, we really don't have much choice. 

So no more free watching of ORU home games?

6 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

So no more free watching of ORU home games?

That's correct.  You have to buy a package to do that now; however, they will be broadcasting Adam and the production done by ORU Sports Network (ORUSN) on the Summit League Network (SLN).  We will have the higher quality content on the streaming service.

• Like 1

Just to clarify does this mean that some of the basketball games will no longer be on ESPN Plus next year?  It seems like the Dakota teams were often featured on their and the Eagles road game vs WIU was on ESPN Plus.  Does it mean that all Summit League Sports will only be on Midco Network?  One last question: did they basically just take each team's home sports network and combine it to form this network?  Thanks and sorry about the 20 questions.  It just seems a little confusing.

32 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Just to clarify does this mean that some of the basketball games will no longer be on ESPN Plus next year?  It seems like the Dakota teams were often featured on their and the Eagles road game vs WIU was on ESPN Plus.  Does it mean that all Summit League Sports will only be on Midco Network?  One last question: did they basically just take each team's home sports network and combine it to form this network?  Thanks and sorry about the 20 questions.  It just seems a little confusing.

Midco has historically provided their signal to ESPN (for a fee, I'm sure).  I believe that relationship has now moved to CBS Sports Network.  For those that want to see all the men's basketball games - home and away - you need to be on the SLN to get that streaming service.  You can probably cancel your ESPN+ subscription if the only reason you are subscribing to a Disney service like this is because of SL games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Get Out Of Here GIF by Basketball Madness

4 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Midco has historically provided their signal to ESPN (for a fee, I'm sure).  I believe that relationship has now moved to CBS Sports Network.  For those that want to see all the men's basketball games - home and away - you need to be on the SLN to get that streaming service.  You can probably cancel your ESPN+ subscription if the only reason you are subscribing to a Disney service like this is because of SL games.

Welp….. I just have to keep tabs with the games via the score update app. 

#Illpassonthecost 

17 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

That's correct.  You have to buy a package to do that now; however, they will be broadcasting Adam and the production done by ORU Sports Network (ORUSN) on the Summit League Network (SLN).  We will have the higher quality content on the streaming service.

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

I don't think I would buy the yearly subscription but $10 a month during basketball season is not too bad.  We were paying 7 per game to watch some of the road games versus SDSU or NDSU last year.  ESPN plus still has a Summit League icon and shows some upcoming volleyball and soccer games.  I would expect some of the Eagles road non conference games (UT Arlington, Texas Tech or Missouri State) to be on ESPN Plus this year.  

57 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I don't think I would buy the yearly subscription but $10 a month during basketball season is not too bad.  We were paying 7 per game to watch some of the road games versus SDSU or NDSU last year.  ESPN plus still has a Summit League icon and shows some upcoming volleyball and soccer games.  I would expect some of the Eagles road non conference games (UT Arlington, Texas Tech or Missouri State) to be on ESPN Plus this year.  

Yes, some of the out-of-conference games will be on ESPN+ as those conferences are still signed up with ESPN.  Getting SLN from late-December thru late-May ($60) will get you the conference games for the conference basketball and baseball seasons.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Yes, some of the out-of-conference games will be on ESPN+ as those conferences are still signed up with ESPN.  Getting SLN from late-December thru late-May ($60) will get you the conference games for the conference basketball and baseball seasons.

protesting hey arnold GIF

• 2 months later...

Interesting Opening Day match-up tonight on the Midco Sports Network:  preseason Summit League favorite and top-10 mid-major poll darling South Dakota State hosts Akron, who are in the top FIVE in many mid-major polls.

The Zips are returning the game following an 81-80 overtime win last season on their court.  Vegas barely favors the Jackrabbits at home tonight (-1.5).

Tip-off is at 8:15 Central; the 2nd half should be an entertaining watch following ORU's game at UTA...

• Upvote 1

• ORUTerry pinned this topic
  • Dr. Cornelius unpinned this topic