Early entries in the pros from this 2023 team

Otis 83

Blaze Brothers and Jake McMurray already making their presence felt with their respective teams.

• Like 3

Wait a minute....does semi-pro ball really count?......I think not......image.jpeg.e20ca0d581581841470a5144e785afea.jpeg

• Haha 1

Rather than trolling us with Seinfeld memes you may want to do some research first. Neither of these are semi-pro teams. In fact, the Cleburne Railroaders recently had a former player called up to the Reds AAA team. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Otis, My Man....Cincinnati Reds are a pathetic and desperate organization....what does the average player make on those leagues?  Meal Money?....if that?   TheEagleman considers the "pros" to be A ball and above and most of those teams are affiliated with a major league club.....yeah, I know there are some independent leagues.....but not many of those guys ever really "make it"....unless you wanna count Robert Redford/Roy Hobbs in "The Natural"......and listen, buddy....Seinfeld is the greatest comedy of all time.....can't get enough of it......in fact, here's a little more.......lol  Image result for george costanza photos

• Upvote 2

Harley Gollert is playing in the independent, Frontier League, with the Quebec Capitales and pitched five innings of scoreless ball in his first start.

Andrew Roach is pitching for the Ottawa Titans (there's that name again!) in the Frontier League, too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm surprised we didn't see more of Andrew Roach this year.  He pitched a lot more last year.

4 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Harley Gollert is playing in the independent, Frontier League, with the Quebec Capitales and pitched five innings of scoreless ball in his first start.

Andrew Roach is pitching for the Ottawa Titans (there's that name again!) in the Frontier League, too.

Bogus!  My man!  I'm glad to see someone else show an appreciation for these outstanding former Golden Eagles finding success at the next level where ever that opportunity may present itself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Jake keeps this up he’s not going to be in the independent leagues for long. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

Jake was 3-for-5 last night and still hitting over .500 for the season in eleven games.  Matt Hogan had another multi-hit night in his second pro game with a HR and single, going 2-for-4, and 4-for-7 over the two games.  #GoldenStandard

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

Jake was 3-for-5 last night and still hitting over .500 for the season in eleven games.  Matt Hogan had another multi-hit night in his second pro game with a HR and single, going 2-for-4, and 4-for-7 over the two games.  #GoldenStandard

I don't think it is coincidental that the Vibes are 7-4 (.636) in the 11 games that Jake has played since recently joining the team - and 15-24 (.385) in games played without Jake in the lineup.  Leadership makes a difference! 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

And for those of you unaware, receiving Whataburger during the post game show is the text book example of “winning.”

• Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 12:40 PM, Otis 83 said:

And for those of you unaware, receiving Whataburger during the post game show is the text book example of “winning.”

Delivery Burgers GIF by Whataburger