What is your opinion? Did you notice?

orumom

A friend that doesn't post asked me to pass on the following question:

'Did anyone else notice that KAKC am1300 was running double commercials during breaks, returning to the game after play had begun. It happened several times Friday night. On Saturday, the break came with ORU leading 27-12. When the broadcast resumed, it was 30-18, meaning an ORU field goal and two Monmouth 3-pointers were missed. At halftime, the broadcast resumed in the middle of Mark Nealy breaking down the first half statistically, no telling how much was missed. Unless KAKC has made a sweetheart deal, is the station is disrespecting ORU's fans?'

Guest EagleBackr

...isn't it possible that Clear Channel Communications (owners of KTBZ and KAKC) may not be DISRESPECTING ORU fans so much as RESPECTING ORU's many fine sponsors by trying to get all their spots played as many times as they have been promised?

If that is the case, there is a better way to do that than causing the fans to miss the play-by-play action. Poor form......

I've noticed, and it's pretty annoying to be honest. I'd rather have them stick in longer commercial breaks during halftime than to miss out on the play-by-play when the game is going on.

I remember a couple years ago when ORU was playing at IUPUI, time was winding down on (I think) the first (but maybe 2nd) overtime. Dave Garrett said "We need to be back before play resumes." Well, we got our commercials, then Dave comes back on "I said we needed to be back before play resumed, but Akeem Clark just hit a 3 pointer for IUPUI to tie the game." That's prolly the worst case I could think of, but I don't remember it happening too often back then.

Very frustrating! If I ever hear another Fox Collision Center commercial, I may go crazy. It's bad enough that the ad is kind of annoying, but knowing that I'm missing the play by play, makes it even worse.

Rob