Connecting in Omaha

Otis 83

4 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Has anyone ever tasted a Haribo Twin Snake?  Is it worth the calories?? 

Yes and of course!!!

My attitude for ORU entering the CWS is the same for Rocco's Jello Shot Challenge: "Just don't get shutout". 

(And honestly, we should at least finish ahead of the 'wine-and-cheesers': Stanford and UVA).

Man, really wish I could make the trip! ORU making the freaking College World Series is such an all-timer event that it's just surreal. Hopefully this becomes an annual thing so I'll be ready for the next one. 

You guys enjoy it! Let's keep it rolling

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sorry for being Debbie Downer but I am not really proud of the fact that we are in 2nd place in the Jello Shot Challenge.  Call me old school but I still try to live up to a certain standard and that challenge is not it.  Bragging about it is even worse.  My undergrad degree is from a very liberal university who I could see trying to claim the No. 1 spot and being proud of that fact when they did.  I went to ORU for a reason and winning the Jello Shot Challenge was/is not that reason.  Just my $.02.

I think there’s a bunch of people buying them and saying they are ORU fans, when really they’re locals. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Idig32 said:

I think there’s a bunch of people buying them and saying they are ORU fans, when really they’re locals. 

This is what happens every year. I highly highly doubt that even 1/8th of that number are actual ORU fans.

Omaha locals seem to rally around a team every year and ORU seems to be getting that treatment in 2023.

• Upvote 1

Agree with Doc....don't think that TheEagleman is closing in on 100 by himself....I was out to dinner with MrsEagleman last night....plead NOT GUILTY....😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Agree with Doc....don't think that TheEagleman is closing in on 100 by himself....I was out to dinner with MrsEagleman last night....plead NOT GUILTY....😎

Hahahahahaha……

Jell-O Shot Challenge Update….

No surprise TCU is almost in 3rd….😂

Those LSU fans are thirsty…..😂😂😂

Myself and two classmates from '05 are flying in tomorrow for the Florida game.  I'm coming from New York, another friend from Texas, and another buddy from Minnesota.

I put on a couple pounds in the last couple of years and I don't fit into any of my old ORU stuff.  Same for my two buddies.

Does anyone know if they have ORU merch for sale there? 

Is anybody flying in who could possibly pick up some shirts and or hats for us in Tulsa?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYC Golden Eagle said:

Myself and two classmates from '05 are flying in tomorrow for the Florida game.  I'm coming from New York, another friend from Texas, and another buddy from Minnesota.

I put on a couple pounds in the last couple of years and I don't fit into any of my old ORU stuff.  Same for my two buddies.

Does anyone know if they have ORU merch for sale there? 

Is anybody flying in who could possibly pick up some shirts and or hats for us in Tulsa?

Enjoy your trip and celebrating this team in person!

They have some ORU merch at the stadium (inside and out) as well as at the team hotel (Hyatt). It will all be CWS gear. The bookstore on campus is closed for the wkd...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

Enjoy you trip and celebrating this team in person!

They have some ORU merch at the stadium (inside and out) as well as at the team hotel (Hyatt). It will all be CWS gear. The bookstore on campus is closed for the wkd...

Thanks 👍

Just now, NYC Golden Eagle said:

Thanks 👍.  I figured it was a long shot.  I remember back in the day walmart had gear.

Flying in tomorrow, and hope to be at Schwab Field by first pitch.  Looking forward to seeing many of my friends on the board, and making new friends of those I haven't yet met in person!

• Upvote 2

1.  There is tons of merch. I picked up my shirt for tomorrow after the Wake Stanford game

2.  @TrueBlue82 we HAVE to connect tomorrow.  I will PM my seat to you as soon as I know it. 

• Like 1

Just got here. Amazing atmosphere all around. I went to Rocco’s and bought a few jello shots for ORU. Many locals and even other teams were buying jello shots for ORU. All congratulations to us for beating TCU. 

• Like 1

Just landed in KC.  Driving up soon as my buddy lands.  Got a nice free upgrade at the rental car center so I'm feeling pretty confident about the game 😁.

PXL_20230618_152838975.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3