Reggie Borges-Moore

orumom

Sad news. For those who remember Reggie playing basketball for ORU, he passed away today, according to Richie Myers, who had played with him.  Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

———-

Angolan basketball player Reggie (Borges) Moore dies

By: @helder_haga

The Angolan basketball player of North American origin committed suicide this Monday (12), in the Maianga Urban District, according to information circulating on social networks and confirmed by former colleagues and family members.

The Platina Line contacted one of the athlete's former colleagues who confirmed depression as the cause of death for the 2.02 meter high pole-winger who was separated from his wife.

Reggie Moore, 42 years old, represented the Angolan national team in the Ivory Coast Afrobasket in 2013, Tunisia'2015 and Senegal'2017. He was crowned African club champion for 1.º de Agosto in 2012 and 2013, and also for Petro de Luanda in 2015.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, orumom said:

Sad news. For those who remember Reggie playing basketball for ORU, he passed away today, according to Richie Myers, who had played with him.  Please keep his family and friends in your prayers.

———-

Angolan basketball player Reggie (Borges) Moore dies

By: @helder_haga

The Angolan basketball player of North American origin committed suicide this Monday (12), in the Maianga Urban District, according to information circulating on social networks and confirmed by former colleagues and family members.

The Platina Line contacted one of the athlete's former colleagues who confirmed depression as the cause of death for the 2.02 meter high pole-winger who was separated from his wife.

Reggie Moore, 42 years old, represented the Angolan national team in the Ivory Coast Afrobasket in 2013, Tunisia'2015 and Senegal'2017. He was crowned African club champion for 1.º de Agosto in 2012 and 2013, and also for Petro de Luanda in 2015.

😦 I do remember him❤️💪🙏 for his family

• Like 1

Tragic.  Reggie was a very under-rated player, IMO.  There were games he was the only one that could get buckets-the defense knew it, and he still scored.  Prayers for his family...and mostly that he knew Jesus.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2023 at 10:41 PM, ORob1 said:

Tragic.  Reggie was a very under-rated player, IMO.  There were games he was the only one that could get buckets-the defense knew it, and he still scored.  Prayers for his family...and mostly that he knew Jesus.

Reggie used to come to our house, some Saturday mornings with Mike,  for me to cook biscuits with sausage gravy. His smile could light up a room and he had a good sense of humor. We loved watching him play. Never did I dream this would happen.  I too pray his soul is with Jesus. 

• Like 3

Also praying for him and his family. 

• Like 1

I remember Reggie! This is so sad. I, too, pray that he is with Jesus now.

• Like 1