Roster 23-24 season

Keenan Henderson

We are seeing some guys enter the transfer portal, as expected.   The roster will most likely go thru a lot of changes between now and August, when school will start next year.  This is just a place to update the roster from time to time.

14 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

We are seeing some guys enter the transfer portal, as expected.   The roster will most likely go thru a lot of changes between now and August, when school will start next year.  This is just a place to update the roster from time to time.

We have a whole dedicated section for this sort of thing at the top of the Men's Basketball forum:  "Recruiting and Current Roster"

See you there! 🙂

• Upvote 2

Here are the guys on scholarship as of 3-28:

1. Isaac McBride

2. DJ Weaver

3. Trey Phipps (As he is reported leaving the transfer portal)

4. Demari Williams

5. Cam Amboree

6. Sir Isaac Herron

7. Joy Ighorodja

8. Joshua Jones

9.Braeden Moore

ORU has a possible five openings for next year's roster as of today.   The Eagles may need to find three starters from the portal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Here are the guys on scholarship as of 3-28:

1. Isaac McBride

2. Patrick Mwamba

3. Trey Phipps (As he is reported leaving the transfer portal)

4. Demari Williams

5. Cam Amboree

6. Sir Isaac Herron

7. Joy Ighorodja

8. Joshua Jones

ORU has a possible five openings for next year's roster as of today.   The Eagles may need to find three starters from the portal.

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

We have a whole dedicated section for this sort of thing at the top of the Men's Basketball forum:  "Recruiting and Current Roster"

See you there! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one of my old professors from ORU posted on Facebook that he had spoken to someone in the “know” on the current coaching staff and they were only expecting 6 of the players from last year to stay. He confirmed that McBride is staying which I expected but was still nice to hear. I assume McBride, Williams, Amboree, Mwamba, Herron, and Phipps. Was Elijah Lawrence a walk on? Still don’t know for sure if Carlos is coming back? Also, is no news good news in regards to Joy (going to need a good nickname) and josh Jones? If so, that leaves 5 openings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I saw one of my old professors from ORU posted on Facebook that he had spoken to someone in the “know” on the current coaching staff and they were only expecting 6 of the players from last year to stay. He confirmed that McBride is staying which I expected but was still nice to hear. I assume McBride, Williams, Amboree, Mwamba, Herron, and Phipps. Was Elijah Lawrence a walk on? Still don’t know for sure if Carlos is coming back? Also, is no news good news in regards to Joy (going to need a good nickname) and josh Jones? If so, that leaves 5 openings.

I think that would be pretty good if we can keep all of those 6 and maybe a surprise or two.

• Like 1

Not saying he will but if Carlos came back then he would be 25 by the time next season starts.  He would also most likely be the only Eagle player to have 5 full seasons of games and break the all time record for most games in an ORU uniform.  That extra covid year really helps break the all time records.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Not saying he will but if Carlos came back then he would be 25 by the time next season starts.  He would also most likely be the only Eagle player to have 5 full seasons of games and break the all time record for most games in an ORU uniform.  That extra covid year really helps break the all time records.

Jurgens returning would be big time and provide leadership and support for McBride and Coach Russ. 

Jurgens support player style would allow for McBride, Mwamba, & Demari to shoot more.

Edited by ORUFanbase
  • Upvote 2

I would be shocked if Carlos comes back. He will be playing pro in Europe soon. He has been away from his family for 5 years. 

• Upvote 3