Paul Mills Battles Sioux Falls Fatigue (Tulsa World 3/5/23)

Old Titan

22 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Everything you say is good and true, and I agree with all of it. I would add that, in spite of the seeming advantage to the Dakotas and particularly the South Dakotas, the top seed from the regular season has won the tournament in the vast majority of cases. I don't know - maybe the big time environment with a houseful of screaming fans benefits a team whether they're cheering for you or against you. Last night sure didn't seem to hurt NDSU much.

You're right, the "chalk" usually rises to the top in these tournaments.

And NDSU did play well last night but I also don't think SDSU was very good this year. Not to sound too confident, but I expect an ORU victory.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

You're right, the "chalk" usually rises to the top in these tournaments.

And NDSU did play well last night but I also don't think SDSU was very good this year. Not to sound too confident, but I expect an ORU victory.

With everyone on here throwing "chalk" around lately, I had to look up the term so I could catch the wave. Now I can say with complete confidence, yeah, the chalk rises to the top!!!

Just throwing this out there. On the women's side, a Summit team has made it past the first round of the NCAA Tournament four times since 2009.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Paul Mills:  appearing in a Sioux Falls Convention & Visitors Bureau commercial soon! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That actually would be a brilliant move by both sides.....and I think it would be a genius decision by Coach Mills and ORU if he was offered the opportunity and accepted.....so that said it will probably never happen.....Paul Mills and Sioux Falls.... Perfect Together!!! :hc_mills:

• Upvote 3

Coach Mills still making waves - and headlines - in South Dakota!

(I mean, let's face it:  other than crop and calving predictions, what else do they have to report this time of year?)

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Coach Mills still making waves - and headlines - in South Dakota!

(I mean, let's face it:  other than crop and calving predictions, what else do they have to report this time of year?)

My understanding is that the college hockey season is still underway.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

My understanding is that the college hockey season is still underway.

Yeah, but that's really a much bigger deal for everyone in NORTH Dakota, right?  #ItJustMeansMore 😉

And the namesake falls are lovely this time of year. 

1B61B454-D6DE-4210-BAA6-8BD4F3222CC9.jpeg

Edited by ORUTex
fixing all my phone spelling errors
  • Haha 1

Looks like a great fan and athlete experience.

Dear ORU Community, please be kind to those of us whose survival depends on the quality of our winter parkas and the availability of heating fuel. I feel like I'm dodging a bit of friendly fire here. 🥶

1 hour ago, ron said:

Dear ORU Community, please be kind to those of us whose survival depends on the quality of our winter parkas and the availability of heating fuel. I feel like I'm dodging a bit of friendly fire here. 🥶

I greatly enjoyed my visit halfway north to your place Ron, and would love to make it the rest of the way sometime. But yeah, it was really cold.

• Like 1

You win the internet. His agent should seriously be on the phone with the Sioux Falls tourist commission and business community. Think of the money he could make. 

I had never heard of chislic before this past weekend. The locals thought it was a well-known dish served around the country.