2022-23 Postseason Accolades

Old Titan

Congrats to Max and Connor, well deserved!  We all know in the beginning of the season that Max would be player of the year favorite but I never thought Connor would be good enough to be first team all conference.  The big guy has impressed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

but I never thought Connor would be good enough to be first team all conference.  

Neither did @theeagleman5   🤣

• Haha 4

No further comment....🤐

A little disappointed that Patrick Mwamba did not win either Sixth Man of the Year (that went to Norman from USD) or even Defensive POY, but I guess you just can't them all (lol).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

There was zero wiggle room on any of the awards except 6th man and you know they would make every effort to avoid an ORU sweep.  I don't think there as ever been an ORU player that had such an immediate, literal-game-changing impact as Connor (no, I am not saying he should go on Mt. Eaglemore).  His mere presence has completely changed the way teams attack our defense and the results of that are obvious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The Vanover effect has been stark (with a little help from his friends Mwamba and Weaver on the wings) just in terms of simple FG% defense.

ORU currently ranked 63rd nationally at 41.9%, what's keeping it that high is the struggles defending 3s at 34.9%, which is 232nd nationally.

Kind of amazing to see how those rankings break more evenly for two teams like Kentucky and Gonzaga who have Wooden/Naismith candidates on their frontlines: 

• Kentucky: 107th in FG% defense/ 105th in 3-pt FG% defense
  • Gonzaga: 259th and 246th

Also, amazing compared to ORU's 45% from the last 2 seasons.

• Upvote 1