Caleb Green (HOF)

ORUTerry

Love it....wonder if Scott Sutton is invited tonight??? 🤔

• Haha 1

Surely. Major oversight if he wasn’t. Whether he would choose to attend would be the question. I bet he would/will.

Uhhh…I’m guessing Scott will be on the Oklahoma State bench tonight as the Cowboys host Ole Miss at 7pm in Gallagher Arena. 

I mean, I know it’s been suggested that Scott doesn’t “do much” in his current role at OSU, but I would imagine “showing up for games” might be part of the job description. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

I'm sure Scott has at least sent a text, if not a phone call or two, to congratulate Caleb on this achievement.

Come to think of it, Scott should thank Caleb on a daily basis… 😉  #PlayersMakeCoaches

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Watched the ceremony on ORUSN tonight.

Congratulations to Caleb Green!

It was great to see that big smile again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I was blessed to be at ORU during Caleb's first two seasons.  I remember going to a Church history class and the professor talking about having watched Caleb in his first game at ORU and how impressed the teacher was with his performance.  As they say, the rest was history.  Green is truly a class act.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Almost as notable as the legendary athletes in this photo is the crowd in the stands behind them. The lower bowl filled to overflowing!

So great to see Caleb Green standing tall in the middle of the group!

It was a special night in so many ways!

• Like 2

“Twenty years ago, TU decided that it would not offer a scholarship to a Memorial prospect. At ORU, Caleb Green became a Hall of Fame athlete.”

Outstanding article from Bill Haisten. He doesn’t mince words about TU’s decision to NOT recruit Caleb Green (and since they don’t recruit the same caliber of athletes as ORU, why would they?), and draws an overt conclusion as to why ORU is enjoying such success while TU flounders. Thank you Bill, and THANK YOU CALEB!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Best article I have read from Bill in a long time - if ever. The distinct differences in the two programs are stark and a reflection of the entire athletic program at ORU. Regardless of how you feel about the administration, the leadership of Mike Carter and Tim Johnson (and the entire staff and coaches) reflects a high standard for the programs and university.  Well done team!

• Upvote 3

Just wondering....did Caleb have anybody with him....is he married?  kids?  Is he now living back in Tulsa??  What's the scoop???...:shield-logo:

24 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Just wondering....did Caleb have anybody with him....is he married?  kids?  Is he now living back in Tulsa??  What's the scoop???...:shield-logo:

Caleb was surrounded by friends and family the whole weekend:  his father and mother, his sister, his cousin (and de facto "brother") Kelvin Sango with his 10-year-old son. 

There was also a young lady who looked to be between 8-to-10 years old that I'm not sure how she was related. She is pictured in the half court photo of the HOF halftime participants.

Others may be able to help in this regard, but I don't think Caleb is married; he was not wearing a wedding ring.

Caleb is in fact living in Tulsa now; I think he has a number of businesss interests going; others here may have more specifics.  It's my understanding he has done quite well managing his money from his career overseas.

• Upvote 3

Caleb is well spoken and is complimentary of his time at ORU. I heard him speak at different venues and was heartened to hear him give the Lord thanks for his accomplishments. Caleb seems humble; he spoke about how his teammates and coaches share in his honors. I have heard he has done well and saved/invested the money he made playing basketball. Max Abmas and this current team stand on the shoulders of former greats like Caleb Green who laid the foundations of the basketball program. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

“Twenty years ago, TU decided that it would not offer a scholarship to a Memorial prospect. At ORU, Caleb Green became a Hall of Fame athlete.”

Outstanding article from Bill Haisten. He doesn’t mince words about TU’s decision to NOT recruit Caleb Green (and since they don’t recruit the same caliber of athletes as ORU, why would they?), and draws an overt conclusion as to why ORU is enjoying such success while TU flounders. Thank you Bill, and THANK YOU CALEB!

The article asks why attendance is a problem at TU games. I think it has a lot to do with parking. 🙂 When I went to the ORU-TU game in December, I had to park nearly a mile from the Reynolds Center. (At least, it felt like a mile as I walked and walked and ...) The other thing is the seats. Not the most comfortable. You can't beat the Mabee Center when it comes to convenient parking and great seats. Oh--and we also have a GREAT basketball team that is SO MUCH FUN to watch!!!!

At every game now, I tell myself, "Enjoy this. Max won't be here much longer. Neither will a lot of these guys. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME while you can!"

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2