Western Illinois vs. ORU Predictions and Comments

theeagleman5

TheEagleman would also love to see more of Sir Isaac and Demari....let's get those lads on the court and see what they can do....ORU is playing WESTERN ILLINOIS not Gonzaga.....but the BIG QUESTION TONIGHT IS.....Will Old Titan be back in the building?????   :wiu: vs. :shield-logo:

43 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

.....Will Old Titan be back in the building?????   

not this week...got a date in mind if all goes well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU a 15 point favorite over WIU. 

Take ORU and give the points.  Bench players will play.  As World B would say, that's MONEY!! 💰

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

not this week...got a date in mind if all goes well. 

You had trespassers in your seats for the UMKC game. Let me know if I need to send @OKC Eagleover there as an Enforcer. 😁

2 hours ago, eagle88 said:

I couldn't agree more with Richard on this issue. Even as a student at ORU I often wondered why a Christian University would have such a mascot? Why would Oral have allowed this name to be chosen as he had an extremely strong personality and usually got what he wanted. One explanation I heard many years ago is Free masonry (which is 100% opposed to Jesus Christ) has infiltrated many Christian institutions. Perhaps at ORU's founding this was innocently slipped in and not given much thought by the higher beings. Another example of this compromised behavior is the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. A Baptist University with a heathen mascot.  Regardless of one's affinity to a Golden Eagle or a Titan it shows how subtly paganism can creep into our culture.

Then we should have also renamed The Oracle, The Perihelion and Promethia...to be consistent and completely eradicate the paganist creep.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

You had trespassers in your seats for the UMKC game. Let me know if I need to send @OKC Eagleover there as an Enforcer. 😁

LOL - anyone is welcome to them while I'm on the IR:  Section 104, Row 4, Seats 1-4. 

And in case you are so inclined:  referees standing along the sideline anywhere from the corner to the top of the key can hear anything you yell at them.

I've managed to make them turn and/or laugh on occassion with my helpful words of encouragement.  Favorite instance was this sincere question of veteran Gerry Pollard:  "THEY LET YOU CALL FINAL FOURS??" 

gman0065.jpeg

• Haha 5

I have basically the same seats in 101.  My wife asks me why I yell at the refs and my reply is "because they can hear me".  I have considered trying out the court-side seats, but I would likely get tossed.  It seems the people in those seats have valium in their complementary popcorn.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I have basically the same seats in 101.  My wife asks me why I yell at the refs and my reply is "because they can hear me".  I have considered trying out the court-side seats, but I would likely get tossed.  It seems the people in those seats have valium in their complementary popcorn.

Courtside seat people aren't allowed (supposed) to "yell" at the refs.  They have a different decorum compared to those of us in the seats.  Anytime you can get a ref or player to turn and acknowledge that they heard you, it is a good night! 😁

• Haha 1

From what I heard vcboy  got into the KC coach’s head for most of the second half of that game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I got an official  to yell back at me at a middle school basketball game.  My wife was appalled but I received tremendous support from the other fathers in the stands.  

I was in the court side seats for a womens NIT game vs Arkansas several years ago.  The female ref was standing next to the player inbounding the ball.  It was near the end of the game.

I was really letting her have it due to a poor traveling call she had recently made.  She said to me “You better simmer down.”  So I did.  She had definitely received my message. 😁

Looks like Max read the scouting report...he has shown up for the 1st half....🤩

Max lights up the Leathernecks for 37 w/27 in the first half....pretty much a one man show tonight in this 87-63 victory....looked like a decent crowd but not as many as vs. KC.....but encouraging to see the Good Guys coast in the 2nd half as predicted by Bogus and Mrs. Smith....looks like those two had an inside scoop...maybe lunch with Coach Mills yesterday?....14-4 now....Bring on the Tommies!! :circle-logoi:

I liked the steal and half court drive by Clover!  Nice move big man.  Good win

• Like 1

Max was in "the zone" tonight.  When your shooter is hot, you just feed him the ball and let him ball.  I'm sure the WIU coach knew that there was nothing that his team could do and just had to wait Max's hot streak out.  I would expect to see a similar result with the Tommies on Saturday.

33 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I liked the steal and half court drive by Clover!  Nice move big man.  Good win

Nice Euro step by the big guy. 

• Like 1

It is just pure joy watching Cam handle the ball. I just wanted him to keep dribbling around defenders instead of shooting so I could watch more. He had a little trouble with the finish tonight but that will come. I think he is going to be special. 

• Upvote 2

And someone needs to package Max’s 30 foot threes from tonight into a 10 second highlight real for ESPN. I wonder what the record for the most total distance of 3 pointers made is. 

• Upvote 1