ORU Men's Basketball 12-3

theeagleman5

It's New Year's Day and TheEagleman is just basking in the glow of 12-3 and NINE WINS IN A ROW.....looking forward to more W's in 2023.....and wondering what the guy on this board who keeps knocking Coach Paul Mills is thinking.......he knows who he is......Image result for George Costanza

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So pleased with our 12-3 record thus far. Here are a few observations:

1) Paul Mills is a good coach that has proven he can recruit talent. He  seems to be getting better at teaching defense and/or he has players that can execute what he wants.

2) The addition of Connor and Patrick this year has been huge! They both are difference makers.

3) i was told before the season that we had a power 5 team this year. I didn't see it right away but I am beginning to believe it.

4) This team is confident and talented with a lot of veteran experience which should help us come March.

5) The chemistry on the team seems really good.

Wouldn't another run in March be great?!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Great points, Bogus.  The impact of the assistants is huge.  When I said “Coach Mills” in my previous posts, I really meant “Coach Mills and his ORU Coaching Staff”.  👍

It is also good to see the senior leadership stepping up: Carlos, Kareem, and DJ.  These guys were very up and down last year but for the most part have been really solid role players this season.  They are still the core group (yes Max too) from the Sweet 16 run.  Their veteran leadership has mixed well with the transfers.  

I have a question that some of you who have played D1 ball or are close to the team may be able to answer. How do guys like Clover, Herron and Williams handle the fact they are not seeing any playing time. Are they still engaged as teammates, or are they discouraged and probably out the door next year? Just wondering what the dynamic is for guys like that who, I am sure, came to ORU expecting to get plenty of game action.

• Like 1